Foreign Suspect Sentenced to 1,073 Years Imprisonment Over Patong Child Sexual Exploitation

webfact

image.jpeg

Patong – A foreign suspect who was allegedly involved in soliciting underage prostitutes during a bar raid on Bangla Road in Patong last year was sentenced to 1,073 Years Imprisonment.

On Friday (July 19th) the Phuket Provincial Court sentenced seven suspects which were both Thais and foreigners (The exact numbers of Thais and foreigners were not revealed.

However, the fourth defendant who is the prime suspect which is a foreigner was sentenced in total to 1,073 years of imprisonment for the charges.)

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: The Phuket Express 2024-07-20

- Cigna offers a range of plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, watchcat said:

I though that 20 years or death penalty was the limit?

Unless they have given him Consecutive sentences 1073/20 that's 53.65 offences. God knows what the 0.65 offence was....... :whistling:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Good news for him is that it was reduced by half due to his confession.

He continues Vehemently to deny the accusations in the courts in past, he apparently has not confessed. He could be out on bail for all we know. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

If still a suspect I wonder what the sentence will be as when convicted?

Wonder no more...

"the fourth defendant who is the prime suspect which is a foreigner was sentenced in total to 1,073 years of imprisonment for the charges".

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Wonder no more...

"the fourth defendant who is the prime suspect which is a foreigner was sentenced in total to 1,073 years of imprisonment for the charges".

I will be a fellow pedant and suggest that the "suspect" has been convicted and sentenced therefore is no longer a suspect?

Or has he been wrongfully convicted?

Edited by 0ffshore360
Furtherance
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

"The defendant has continued to deny the accusations and has vehemently fought in courts in the past." One has to know that to deny accusations is a major crime in Thailand.

So it is in Japan, which explains why my friend Carlos had to flee to Lebanon.

• Haha 1

If I remember right this guy was in a bar that was raided that had underage girls. Be careful out there! Remember ask all staff and people in the bar for their id's before ordering a drink!!! Before throwing stones remember that underage in thailand is under 19 years old. Sentence seems ridiculous when murder gets 12 years! He wasn't caught in a sting, no nonce on his computer. So again be very careful out there. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, BritScot said:

If I remember right this guy was in a bar that was raided that had underage girls. Be careful out there! Remember ask all staff and people in the bar for their id's before ordering a drink!!! Before throwing stones remember that underage in thailand is under 19 years old. Sentence seems ridiculous when murder gets 12 years! He wasn't caught in a sting, no nonce on his computer. So again be very careful out there. 

I saw often enough girls returning to the bar where they used to work, together with their children of any age. Sometimes only in the afternoon, sometimes in the middle of the night. I guess often it is only to show they others the happy family. But it doesn't change the fact that young children are in the bars.

It seems often the rules are ignored.

50 minutes ago, BritScot said:

I don't think that he would get 1,073 year prison sentence for being in a bar when it was raided. So likely you remember incorrectly.

Likely this is the one some claimed to be the owner of the bar and even though the procurer of the girls is a Thai woman, they have laid the blame solely on him. Just an 'educated' guess. Big Jok stated that the bar was part of a larger network of bars in Bangkok and Pattaya. I guess the foreigner is denying ownership and that his name isn't being released as there are deals to be done. No inside knowledge, just simply from actually bothering to read what has been written.

ok, a 1 000 years condemnation. And then what about this english teacher (luke rockwell), who went with a 16 yo (underage in Thailand), gave her STD and was arrested? he got out on bail for 100k and then, no one knows...