My UK Trip.

I have booked a flight to the UK with KLM in six weeks time through booking.com This is the first time I have ever booked a flight online. I have all my booking details printed out. The cost, flight details, booked seats, Customer Ref, Airline Ref, flight time and date.

Due to problems in the past with booking.com I have tried to confirm my booking with them, they will not answer my emails, Have emailed KLM's head office in Bangkok, no answer, have tried a phone number given to me by a kind poster, cannot get to speak to anyone.

Can someone please give me some advice on what to do next? Thanks.

• Confused 1

I just hand over my passport at the check-in desk.....nothing else needed.

Although now.....with Qatar and maybe other airlines...... you just scan your own passport and load your own luggage onto the conveyor belt.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I have booked a flight to the UK with KLM in six weeks time through booking.com This is the first time I have ever booked a flight online. I have all my booking details printed out. The cost, flight details, booked seats, Customer Ref, Airline Ref, flight time and date.

Due to problems in the past with booking.com I have tried to confirm my booking with them, they will not answer my emails, Have emailed KLM's head office in Bangkok, no answer, have tried a phone number given to me by a kind poster, cannot get to speak to anyone.

Not necessary to confirm (reconfirm) your booking. When you check-in at the airport you simply hand over your passport, they will weigh your hold luggage and take it away. They may also weigh your hand luggage and affix a label before giving it back to you. You already have a six character code which is recognised at all airports and you can use that (or scan your passport) at airport totems to print/reprint your boarding pass if necessary. You may also be checked-in automatically and sent a boarding pass via email. Up to you whether you wish to show that on your phone, print it out in advance or do neither and use the one the check-in desk gives you. They will all be the same.

Edited by The Fugitive
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

They have said they could not find the email address.

I clicked on the link again and my trip details came up, so I must wonder why they said they could not find the email address.

4 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Why oh why would you choose Booking.com in order to book a flight? Even worse, you've "had problems with them in the past" I guess it's too late for us to have this conversation now. Did it look cheap and the turn out to be an Economy Light booking with no luggage? Booked seats? Did this turn out to be a more expensive endeavour than you imagined?

27 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Why oh why would you choose Booking.com in order to book a flight? Even worse, you've "had problems with them in the past" I guess it's too late for us to have this conversation now. Did it look cheap and the turn out to be an Economy Light booking with no luggage? Booked seats? Did this turn out to be a more expensive endeavour than you imagined?

If NoShow started off on Skyscanner and it took him to booking.com that would be exactly the same as what many of us would do. I usually end up booking on trip.com. Seems to turn out OK.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

If NoShow started off on Skyscanner and it took him to booking.com that would be exactly the same as what many of us would do. I usually end up booking on trip.com. Seems to turn out OK.

Can he not speak for himself or do you know the answers to my questions to him? Economy Light? Cost of booking seats etc..

5 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Can he not speak for himself or do you know the answers to my questions to him? Economy Light? Cost of booking seats etc..

Yes he knows the answer and offered his experience as what the OP had asked. 
Opposed to…

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

Why oh why would you choose Booking.com in order to book a flight? Even worse, you've "had problems with them in the past" I guess it's too late for us to have this conversation now.

Coming off as an unhelpful bully.

• Agree 2

Just now, novacova said:

Yes he knows the answer and offered his experience as what the OP had asked. 
Opposed to…

Coming off as an unhelpful bully.

How do you know that he knows how much the OP paid for seats and whether the Booking.com booking looked cheap because it was an Economy Light booking? 😊 You haven't a clue. You only posted because you've been humiliated in previous debates and are itching to try to scramble back some of your dignity. It isn't working.

I guess we'll have your "not now, I'm busy" pathos next. 😊

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

I did not choose them, I am not sure how they turned up, I looked at so many sites online i am not sure who I booked with now. I have never booked online before, I live up country and in the past I always either booked my UK flights with a Bangkok travel agency or at the head office. I could not be bothered to travel about 300Ks to Bangkok

I tend to avoid Bangkok now because the hotels I used never opened back up after the Chinese virus so that's why I booked online. It was actually cheaper than I thought even with the booked seats and checked luggage.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I did not choose them, I am not sure how they turned up, I looked at so many sites online i am not sure who I booked with now. I have never booked online before, I live up country and in the past I always either booked my UK flights with a Bangkok travel agency or at the head office. I could not be bothered to travel about 300Ks to Bangkok

I tend to avoid Bangkok now because the hotels I used never opened back up after the Chinese virus so that's why I booked online. It was actually cheaper than I thought even with the booked seats and checked luggage.

Yes, I remember your thread at the time, but I couldn't be bothered to sign up to post to help you, especially as it seemed that you had already booked. The forum was just full of idiots 😊

The inexperienced might not notice that it's an Economy Light booking with no luggage until it's too late and then they have to organise that separately. 

The main thing is that it all worked itself out in the end and that you are happy with the result. Personally, I would not wait to check in at the airport, but to instead check in online at least 24 hours before you are due to take your flight. Then you don't have to queue like an idiot at the airport hours for nothing. Just go to the Bag Drop queue on arrival after checking in online.

4 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I clicked on the link again and my trip details came up, so I must wonder why they said they could not find the email address.

Why must you wonder "why they said they could not find the email address." when your details already came up. You tink too mut?

Edited by Digitalbanana
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

Yes, I remember your thread at the time, but I couldn't be bothered to sign up to post to help you, especially as it seemed that you had already booked. The forum was just full of idiots 😊

The inexperienced might not notice that it's an Economy Light booking with no luggage until it's too late and then they have to organise that separately. 

The main thing is that it all worked itself out in the end and that you are happy with the result. Personally, I would not wait to check in at the airport, but to instead check in online at least 24 hours before you are due to take your flight. Then you don't have to queue like an idiot at the airport hours for nothing. Just go to the Bag Drop queue on arrival after checking in online.

What you said is spot on about the organising but I sure hate these booking.com idiots, when I was trying to book a hotel and trying to email them back they would say this email does not exist, even though I was clicking the reply box, this happened at least 6 times.

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

What you said is spot on about the organising but I sure hate these booking.com idiots, when I was trying to book a hotel and trying to email them back they would say this email does not exist, even though I was clicking the reply box, this happened at least 6 times.

Probably due to the email address used for sending being 'blocked' to replies.  The good thing is that there will likely always be someone here to help guide you through should you need assistance.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Wait, you have booked a flight and a printed copy of all the pertinent information and you're still worried you won't be allowed on the flight? 

I think you'll be okay just go get a reentry permit and you'll be fine. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Furioso said:

Wait, you have booked a flight and a printed copy of all the pertinent information and you're still worried you won't be allowed on the flight? 

I think you'll be okay just go get a reentry permit and you'll be fine. 

I have a re entry permit, I was worried because I had never booked online before, always used a travel agency or the planes head office.