The Notorious Nana Hotel Lobby

Stayed at the Nana once (2004), to be close to Nana Plaza for happy hour, while GF at the time visited a friend and went shopping.   Don't think I'd ever return, back then, and definitely not now.  

Prefer not to stay at Ibis (Soi 4), pet friendly, but do occasionally.   Can avoid the happenings on Nana, but simply using soi 6 to stroll to the BTS.   Eve Ibis dropped the 'Nana' from their name, trying to remove the stigma :cheesy: 

Ibis Soi 4 is ฿1000-฿1500 (half price) off their other properties on that side of the river.   Usually choose Riverside, as same price, when not jacked up.

image.png.5051d7f820ef319159cfbbebddf0d772.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Stayed at the Nana once (2004), to be close to Nana Plaza for happy hour, while GF at the time visited a friend and went shopping.   Don't think I'd ever return, back then, and definitely not now.  

Prefer not to stay at Ibis (Soi 4), pet friendly, but do occasionally.   Can avoid the happenings on Nana, but simply using soi 6 to stroll to the BTS.   Eve Ibis dropped the 'Nana' from their name, trying to remove the stigma :cheesy: image.png.5051d7f820ef319159cfbbebddf0d772.png

Nana was almost my first hotel ever in Thailand. Arrived in LOS without an hotel booked. Looked on the big board with hotels and chose a different one not far away because it was cheaper. Got screwed when security made me pay extra for a "guest".

Back then Nana Plaza was so quiet that I passed by on Sukhumvit and didn't even know it was there. Ended up in Patpong, much to my regret.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Back then Nana Plaza was so quiet that I passed by on Sukhumvit and didn't even know it was there. Ended up in Patpong, much to my regret.

Back then & now, about the only worse place than Nana I can think of  :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Went to the disco there a few times in the old days. Even stayed there once. Used to frequent the Woodstock bar in the back corner of Nana Plaza for the food and the laid back vibe.

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, RSD1 said:

You missed the intended meaning. Read my comment again slowly. 😉

Didn't miss your intent, but I'm not 13 yrs old :coffee1:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I was never there in its heyday but about 10 years ago.  The coffee shop downstairs was still there but I could tell the times were changing.

Another time, I stayed again.  About 8 years ago.  

Both times after arriving on a long haul from America.  About 2 nights each just to recover from jet lag before venturing to Pattaya.

First time that bar was still there where Hooters is now(?).

Same crappy rooms.  Good location though.

The coffee shop had moved upstairs the second time.

They say first impressions are everything.  

I’ll never forget that first crap breakfast upstairs.  As I sat there I thought to myself “What planet am I on”?  
 It was a cross section of “Night of the Living Dead “ and “Nightmare on Elm Street “

Never saw so many strange looking farangs in my life.

All part of the “experience “.

I was there a couple of times around 1996. At that time, it looked already like a place from long time ago in need of a renovation.

I remember there was a picture outside the disco with some young girls dancing girls, probably from the time when it was opened.

I think I spotted one or two of those girls in the picture in the disco, expect they were at least 20 years older.

I won't miss that place.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was watching hotel video's last night. The Nana looks pretty run down. 

The breakfast looks dire. Coffee mate instead of milk for coffee. I can't think of another breakfast buffet where they don't put out some milk. Not even little Coffee Mate packets, just a big bucket of dubious white powder, Probably not even real Coffee Mate.

Back in the day, when such things mattered, I used their travel agency, which was reputed to be one of the best.

29 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Soi cowboy :cheesy:

Never bothered to even stroll through to take a peek.   If not for the advertised happy hour (at the time) I would have never ventured to Soi 4/Nana Plaza / Hotel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Never bothered to even stroll through to take a peek.   If not for the advertised happy hour (at the time) I would have never ventured to Soi 4/Nana Plaza / Hotel.

It is worse than you would expect.

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, RSD1 said:

When was the last time you walked through the Nana Hotel lobby? Was it recently or was it 20+ years ago? For those of you who were here in the nineties you know the kind of scene it was at night. The disco. The coffee shop. All a good laugh. The lobby used to be a great place to grab a pew and just watch the comings and goings. Now it’s a zombie land. Most of the coffee shop area has been taken over by that useless Hooters bar. I went in the hotel the other day for the first time in ages just to see if any of those fun memories would come back, but sadly they didn’t. The only thing I can say about it is it does still look like one of the few places left in Bangkok that is still stuck in a 70’s time warp. There are even manual typewriters behind the front desk, although I doubt they are still used. And there are 2 or 3 Indian discos in and around there now too. All very strange. Anyway, Oliver Stone used to hang out in the Nana Disco ogling at all the little hotties back in the day when he was in town. That shows how notorious it was. Anyway, if you have anything interesting to share about it then go ahead. If you were never there back in the eighties or nineties then no need to add your rhetorical two satang. 

First time there was in 1968, had my first Happy Ending in Thailand, Oh too be young again

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There are short-time rooms inside (apparently🫣🤭)

500B were all sold out and only had 600B when I (I mean a guy I know) recently went.

• Sad 1