Immigration IT square Bangkok: something new I should know?

Hello,

I'll go on IT square Friday for extension of a 30 days exemption.

Something new I should know? For example, IT square is now closed, back to government complex... 😩

I've TM7 with photo, TM30, STM2 and Acknowledgement of Penalties, Photocopies passeport, 1900 bahts.

Some good news maybe: as exemption visa is now 60 days since July 15, unlucky farangs with exemption 30 days get 60 days extension! 🤪 

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Some good news maybe: as exemption visa is now 60 days since July 15, unlucky farangs with exemption 30 days get 60 days extension! 🤪 

You have 2 hopes.....

• Agree 1

OP, you receive 30 day extension.

You could consider a border bounce for 60 day visa exempt entry that can also be extended by 30 days.

Depends how long you wish to stay in Thailand. 

You will attend IT mall LakSi 

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you receive 30 day extension.

You could consider a border bounce for 60 day visa exempt entry that can also be extended by 30 days.

Depends how long you wish to stay in Thailand. 

You will attend IT mall LakSi 

So nothing new?... Ok.

I want to stay to Thailand until October first week. But I'm reluctant to make a border bounce, I did too many by the past, it's the overdose.

Or maybe Nong Khai : night train two times + Lao Visa. No problem at this border to re-entry Thailand the same day ?

As I want to go to Korea in October, I should stay one month in Vietnam... or Hong Kong... or...

Thank you anyway.

13 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Or maybe Nong Khai : night train two times + Lao Visa. No problem at this border to re-entry Thailand the same day ?

You can bounce Nong Khai same day.

Personally since you are located in Bangkok return flight to Udon Thani would be my choice.

That would give you 60 days that you could extend by 30.

That would cover you till almost end of October. So you may not even require the 30 extension. 

You mention Vietnam. Hard to beat Saigon for time out of Thailand. 

55 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

But I'm reluctant to make a border bounce, I did too many by the past, it's the overdose.

About 2.5 years with covid and border bounces, yeh, you should be worried

6 hours ago, Caldera said:

Nothing has changed. It tends to be packed, bring a lot of time and patience if you haven't made an appointment. 

? Last time I was at IT square I went very early and stayed less than 20 minutes (forms already filled at home).

I'll do the same thing this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

There seems to be sporadic checking of a TM 30, especially if you have an extensive entry/stay history on visa exempts and got extensions from any other province other than Bangkok.

However it's a crapshoot and some people are asked and some people are not asked, I would say if you have a TM 30 receipt take it because if you're there and ask for it is not the time to find out you need one.

Edited by Tod Daniels

3 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Last time I was at IT square I went very early and stayed less than 20 minutes (forms already filled at home).

So clearly you know the procedure.

At LakSi the chicks handing out the que # do a doc check.

Often sending you away if no TM30.

Suggest that you take a photocopy of screenshot of TM30 

On 7/24/2024 at 8:50 PM, Caldera said:

Nothing has changed. It tends to be packed, bring a lot of time and patience if you haven't made an appointment. 

Well, last time, I arrived around 8:20, got number 2 and after paying 1900 bahts have to wait less than 10 minutes to get my passport.

I know it seems incredible and I've no idea why there was nobody...

This time - eventually I went today, not Friday - I arrived à 8:10 and there was already more than 50 people 😩 I got the number 66 and after I payed the 1900 bahts, I have to wait 45 minutes to get my passport (it was 10:35am).

Maybe next time I'll try to make an appointment.

• Thumbs Up 1