How to deal with old rusty motorbike?

I've got an old Honda PCX, 150 cc in Pattaya that been unused for years. The battery is likely dead and taxes not paid. Don't really have time to deal with it.

Should I try to sell it or there is some procedure to write-off an old bike and giving up the plate?

There is many local shops who would renew it for you. I do not know Pattya but try to look around, and they will give you a price to fix it. Try some motorbike or scooter facebook page to ask around. They will give you some garages who they had good experience with. And or maybe someone who is willing to come and pick it up from you and give you a decent price

Just now, drsapparot said:

I'll check tomorrow and pm you. Don't really have time to fix it and am ready to part it with it just for the cost of transfer.

If you didn't pay taxes for 3 years then registration was canceled. And you don't want to go through that process to renew it.

How it is done here in Thailand is you put it on Facebook Marketplace. You list it for cheap price. And to the buyer give green book, copy of your ID and signed papers for transfer (printed A4 from the internet). This is all he needs for a transfer. And you send him on his way. He will of course not bother to transfer it and if he decides to sell it he just pass on your copy of ID, green book and signed paper (nobody will ever bother to register it, but they will have "proof of ownership" this way). And that's how it is done here with these cheap bikes, especially expired ones.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drsapparot said:

I'll check tomorrow and pm you. Don't really have time to fix it and am ready to part it with it just for the cost of transfer.

Ok, just let me know, I can send someone to pick it up if its worth fixing. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you, didn't know that. Definitely, three years have been passed already. In other words, I could just hand over the bike and green book to someone and not be worried about that he might get into an accident while using my plate?

Edited by drsapparot

2 minutes ago, drsapparot said:

Thank you, didn't know that. Is it how ownership tracked? In other words, I could just hand over the bike and green book to someone and not be worried about that he might get into an accident while using my plate?

There is a few signatures, copies and some paperwork to be done, but we will fix everything if we agree to pick it up. Proof of residence? Housebook/pink card, copy off passport and stamps/visa

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, drsapparot said:

If a blue book can be considered as proof of residence, I got them all.

Thats good enough I use my yellow book for buying and selling 

Be careful selling or giving away bikes or cars, not here but any country, make sure you get a signed sale contract with buyer and a witness to sign and get the buyer's copy of ID.. 

What happen is some time down the road this bike/car could be involved in an accident, maybe involved in a theft or a drug dealing, or worse run over and injure or kill someone. The cctv got the number and in the computer the vehicle is in your name, get a knock on the door from BIBs...! Imagine the hassle of trying to convince them you gave it away or sold it without any proof...!? As a (rich) farang will be targeted for serious compensation... 🥴

• Like 1