Which Policies do you support?

Yagoda

Someone should ask Omar how she plans on all of these ideas.  The current deficit is $1.7 trillion.

Edited by TedG
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, TedG said:

Someone should ask Omar how she plans on all of these ideas.  The current deficit is $1.7 trillion.

They dont much care

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Insurance companies don't think it is.

Insurance rates are based on arcane factors. If you support the Green New Steal, say so.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Ms. Omar has aspirational goals but she is not the boss of the Harris administation assuming it happens.

She's representative of the most leftist wing of the democratic party.

They aren't even close the majority of the party.

Harris is running a general election campaign now -- center left, not left.

Flip flop person

5 identities

5 stances on policies

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

So she'll be transferring land to the peasants and nationalising the banks as Lenin wanted. Should be interesting.  

Land was promised to the peasants. They ended up collectivized via starvation. That's how it works, promise one thing do another

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

So you don't buy any insurance for anything , then?

Only if forced by law.  Or if I can't get away with it.  Ex: USA, I never had car insurance.

Never had health ins., except 1 regrettable year here/TH.  Never had in USA.

Wil never have home owners insurance here/TH

If not for the nutters wanting to commit suicide here, I wouldn't have car ins.   Saying that, I did have an oops, my fault, and damn expensive repair, which pretty much cost as much as all the car insurance I've paid here.  So that was a wash, and guess that counts as a savings plan :cheesy:  

Insurance companies make their profits from 'doom & gloom' what if scenarios, that most simply never happen.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Only if forced by law.  Or if I can't get away with it.  Ex: USA, I never had car insurance.

Never had health ins., except 1 regrettable year here/TH.  Never had in USA.

Wil never have home owners insurance here/TH

If not for the nutters wanting to commit suicide here, I wouldn't have car ins.   Saying that, I did have an oops, my fault, and damn expensive repair, which pretty much cost as much as all the car insurance I've paid here.  So that was a wash, and guess that counts as a savings plan :cheesy:  

Insurance companies make their profits from 'doom & gloom' what if scenarios, that most simply never happen.

Insurance companies are there to make a profit on risk, and adjust their premiums accordingly.

I have never taken out travel insurance. The one time a travel glitch did cost me, it was a fraction of what it would have cost if I had insured myself every time I traveled.

Having said that, insurance companies are fully aware of climate change, and are adjusting premiums already. It won't be long before vulnerable bush and coastal properties will have to be self-insured, because no company will take on the risk. Or the premiums are so high people can't afford to live there anymore.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Well, I am against open borders.  Yes, the US has always encouraged immigration, after all that is what made he US great but it is not without fault and some things need to be addressed.  Freedom from school loans - I f I signed on the dotted line for ANY loan, then I would be responsible for that loan.  Too many of these students signed onto loans at the behest of the President/Veep of those years and opted for poor degrees that had and have no use for the work force today nor in those days.  Why should I and the other Americans pay for the choices made by these students and O and Biden?  I agree that there needs to be a permanent ceasefire in the Middle East, but Iran needs to be forced to stop arming their terrorist organations in countries surrounding Israel.  However that is fixed, I am all for it.  Just like we gave up on Afghanistan and allowed the terrorists back into power and now they have gone back to the stone age in all their dealings.  Healthcare needs to be addressed too, the Republicans fought against the Obamacare bit but could never come up with a program of their own.  Now, the government has allowed big Pharmas, doctors and hospitals to overcharge all patients it seems so that health insurers seldom want to even get new blood without charging one of one's arms or legs.  I read and article in today's news - STARTER Houses now is my subject, no just houses but that American dream of the

yesteryear:  237 CITIES (yes cities) starter houses are at least $1 million USD, half in California cities in (SF area, LA area, , many cities  near NYC

New Jersey, Fla, Washington state, Massachusetts cities.  Yeah average starter house in the US right now is almost 200K USD and how many people can just run out and get a loan for that?  The transgender bit - I don't dislike them, I just don't understand  them nor do I understand laws that enable a man to compete with women in sports!  Even at the Olympics this year!  An as for abortion, I am personally against it but I am also even more against anyone telling any woman that she cannot have an abortion or what she can and can't do with her own health issues.    As for Trump, he is a total idiot.  If he wins, our democracy as we know will be gone, he promises just that in revenge.  I don't feel that he was ever qualitified to run the US govt but then not a whole lot of those that have been elected to that office really were any better.  I just hope that GOD blesses the USA and its citizens.  Good luck to all here!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1