CIGNA increasing premiums by more than 20%

DUS

Hi,

I (55 years now) have been with CIGNA Global for the last few years and, unfortunately, I‘ve got used to see the annual premium to increase by give or take 10% every year. 

However, I now received my renewal offer and it shows an increase of 23%!!! Is this the „new normal“? For me, it is now quickly becoming unaffordable. 23% on what is already a significantly elevated premium after just 4 years or so? 🤮 

As I know there are quite a few CIGNA customers on here as well, have you seen your premiums go up by more than 20% recently?

What pi$$es me off even more is that CIGNA regularly refuses to initially pay for annual health checkups covered by their International Health & Wellbeing add-on and only pay out acknowledging their „error“ after months of going through their complaints process. 

DUS

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DUS said:

Hi,

I (55 years now) have been with CIGNA Global for the last few years and, unfortunately, I‘ve got used to see the annual premium to increase by give or take 10% every year. 

However, I now received my renewal offer and it shows an increase of 23%!!! Is this the „new normal“? For me, it is now quickly becoming unaffordable. 23% on what is already a significantly elevated premium after just 4 years or so? 🤮 

As I know there are quite a few CIGNA customers on here as well, have you seen your premiums go up by more than 20% recently?

What pi$$es me off even more is that CIGNA regularly refuses to initially pay for annual health checkups covered by their International Health & Wellbeing add-on and only pay out acknowledging their „error“ after months of going through their complaints process. 

DUS

There are other insurance companies out there... 

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've said this before but i don't see the point of having health insurance if you cancel when you need it the most because it's unaffordable. Better to keep all those premiums for when you need it the most

I only held my policy for two years, prior to that and subsequently I was/am self funded. I only took out the policy because of visa extension concerns, which didn't materialise anyway.

Chances are that at 55 you have moved into a new 5 year age bracket hence the big increase. 

Will likely drop back to just inflationary increases until 5 years from now when you'll see another "bump" and so on. 

You can if you wish decrease your premium by taking a larger deductible or combination of deductible and copay.  Just make sure you can easily cover the deductible and/or copay

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1