What about this Samsung Washing Machine? Should one buy it?

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2024 at 7:03 PM, J Branche said:

I bought the same washer but 14 kg size for girlfriends mother.  It did not have pump.  Had cement and tile pad installed for it to be up higher than drain pipe.  It was 6690 week after Christmas.  Approx $200 for a Washer is pretty cheap.
Only 7 months old but big family and no problems.

People talk about all these fancy extra options.  Millions of people get by without these options with no problem.

Just an update:

I bought this model a month ago:

image.png.1873380be25a49e50f0727334e3f0bcf.png

https://www.samsung.com/th/washers-and-dryers/washing-machines/wa6000c-top-load-ecobubble-digital-inverter-technology-super-speed-16kg-dark-gray-wa16cg6745bdst/

I am extremely pleased with it.

Very quiet.

I would buy again.

Super Good price for the value.

I am happy I chose this over a front/side-loading machine...

The only thing is:  The control panel lights are mostly RED.  I don't like red lights.  Red reminds me too much of the Chinese Communist Party flag, and also Christmas.  I hate Christmas lights.

One color I like is the sort of PLUM color on the Meridian Gate of the Forbidden City. Such a beautiful color.  But, of course, this color was not chosen by The Gang of Four, and their ilk.  Truly one of my favorite colors...

image.png.83b9d3ec1861a8c9182a1a97b1697d8e.png

But all the red lights on the washing machine sort of cheapens the look of it...

And I can only assume that the display panel was designed for some low-class housewives in Burma, or some place.

I do like the color of the steel casing and lid, however.

Why, OH WHY, would Samsung choose RED for the lights on this machine?

This is my only suggestion to Samsung...for future consideration.

WHITE LED lights would have been better.

This machine has a very nice inverter, too, which seems to regulate power to the motor quite well.

Now, if ONLY I had 10-times more clothes to wash, then I would be happier, even...maybe...

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 8/6/2024 at 7:17 AM, thailand49 said:

Several years I got one 16 K load not think much all digital panel for old guy like me makes me nervous more can go wrong then instructions all in Thai.

First time balance rods replaced 4 2000 baht, problem wife she sticks a 22 K comfort door would even close Thai style right LOL, recently again but no evidence family over stuff? Again 2000 baht, a month later a sensor went out 700 baht, my brother panel went out 4000 baht. 

I had an LG prior 9 K ladted 12 years.

And I had a Samsung Top Loader which lasted the same, now replaced with another 15kg model, same as GG wants.

Why are, Top Loaders bad for clothes, but OK for bedding please? 

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

And I had a Samsung Top Loader which lasted the same, now replaced with another 15kg model, same as GG wants.

16 KG.

And, I already purchased the machine....

A month ago.

Works great.

37 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Why are, Top Loaders bad for clothes, but OK for bedding please? 

I dont know to me top loaders seem to hold more. Tumbler looks bigger, as far as Im concern. A guess is home there isnt hot water and the water looks clean but isnt example you look at the brown water scumb on tiles in bathroon. The need to buy expensive flagrance to the rinse.

Clothes dont get clean if one tries to jam 15 kilos to a 11 k machine.

Laughing even  my Thai wife reason machine rods snapped she stuff the giant comforter 20k forced into the 16. I walked in water was all over the floor door couldnt even close. LOL

Now I take all bedding towels once a month to those laundry mats all over they have hot water, use the largest machine worth the money 1/1/2 tops done and dry.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Once a month?

Yep, I have replacement sets I use to replace for bedding. As for towels also change regularly if not daily washed but without hot water although cleaned at home start to show spots to a point towels look dirty.

So once a month or less time permitted I gather everything up off hours and take minimum 6 full size machines, separate whites from colors, Beach, stain removal, the works and get them really clean. As the dry I take large clear plastic bags pack them up like the department stores:cheesy:

My family tells everyone bsck of house we have our own mini Lotus.

28 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Yep, I have replacement sets I use to replace for bedding. As for towels also change regularly if not daily washed but without hot water although cleaned at home start to show spots to a point towels look dirty.

So once a month or less time permitted I gather everything up off hours and take minimum 6 full size machines, separate whites from colors, Beach, stain removal, the works and get them really clean. As the dry I take large clear plastic bags pack them up like the department stores:cheesy:

My family tells everyone bsck of house we have our own mini Lotus.

With my top loading 15kg Samsung, I can take bedding off, put on Bedding setting, and after spinning (1.5 hours) I can hang them up outside, and 1 hour later put it back on the bed. No shipping 6 machine-loads. 6 towels at one go. The water is usually over 30C, detergents here are designed to work at this temperature. 

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

With my top loading 15kg Samsung, I can take bedding off, put on Bedding setting, and after spinning (1.5 hours) I can hang them up outside, and 1 hour later put it back on the bed. No shipping 6 machine-loads. 6 towels at one go. The water is usually over 30C, detergents here are designed to work at this temperature. 

Never a truer word spoken....

Indubitably....

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/8/2024 at 8:56 AM, IsaanExpat said:

YMMV, but from my experience never buy a home appliance from a compamy known for making cell phones or speakers lol.

In America that means Samsung, Bosch and LG lol

Bosch and LG still make phones ?

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Yeah I run a 15kg Sammy.. 10yrs old it is now, works like a trooper.

Love that I can put my king size duvet and sheets in it,

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/4/2024 at 8:40 PM, WayWokeWhiteGuy said:

Do not but a washing machine that does not have a hot water cycle

Never used one in35 years.  How did I stay alive?

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Laughing even  my Thai wife reason machine rods snapped she stuff the giant comforter 20k forced into the 16. 

You have a comforter (I assume duvet/doona) that weighs 20kg ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Buy one of these.  This is about 15 years old and cost maybe 1500 THB.  They run forever. 

:shock1: "Oh my - it's dirty.
:biggrin: "Man, it's 15 years old and lives outside: of course it's dirty (actually it's not 'dirty,' it's stained).  But clean as a whistle inside. That's what counts.  Takes a lickin' keeps on tickin'. 

20240825_150656.thumb.jpg.5c8555f4dfa267897c9644bd061c7435.jpg

On 8/6/2024 at 7:17 AM, thailand49 said:

Several years I got one 16 K load not think much all digital panel for old guy like me makes me nervous more can go wrong then instructions all in Thai.

First time balance rods replaced 4 2000 baht, problem wife she sticks a 22 K comfort door would even close Thai style right LOL, recently again but no evidence family over stuff? Again 2000 baht, a month later a sensor went out 700 baht, my brother panel went out 4000 baht. 

I had an LG prior 9 K ladted 12 years.

For all of that money I could buy four of these new at today's price.  As far as comforters go?  My wife gives them to the lady next door to wash.  We air them out weekly, wash them every three months or when they actually show dirt stains - whichever comes first.  I think this one needed a belt replaced once, but so long ago I can barely remember.  It just keeps running and running and running! 

😕 Farang:  "But I need Brand Names!"

:biggrin: I gave than nonsense up with I left the US and traded in the Farang-model wife for a Thai-model that actually does house work.  Much happier with cheaper models of everything which are more reliable and don't break-down. 

20240825_150656.thumb.jpg.dbff528d05302270993911e746eed514.jpg

Edited by connda

53 minutes ago, connda said:

Buy one of these.  This is about 15 years old and cost maybe 1500 THB.  They run forever. 

:shock1: "Oh my - it's dirty.
:biggrin: "Man, it's 15 years old and lives outside: of course it's dirty (actually it's not 'dirty,' it's stained).  But clean as a whistle inside. That's what counts.  Takes a lickin' keeps on tickin'. 

20240825_150656.thumb.jpg.5c8555f4dfa267897c9644bd061c7435.jpg

Not only is your washing machine dirty...but...

Your hose is not coiled properly, either.

And, when you want to spin, you need to dig deep down inside,

And then transfer the heavy wet clothes to the extractor.

I used one of those, a few times, in Taiwan.....

Before throwing it off the 5th floor balcony.

Hate these machines!

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

That is your choice but my bedding is large that it can't be placed even in the 16, " after spinning 1.5 "  I take the bedding to mats, each machine is 30 minutes MAX, from there I put them in the dryer for another 30 minutes while each machine finish meantime I fold them neatly and placed them in plastic when home goes into the back of house, bedding area. While you are waiting to spin take it home to dry I've already been done over a hour. 

To be honest this topic is old I'm not sure if you are joking cause and dragging this discussion gives me the impression it might be something in the past with our exchanges.

If what you are doing works for you more power to you!  It doesn't work for my situation my solution I have a building current a space that I've contacted a number of these companies that open these new laundry mats I'm not into buying one but have been contacted that one is interested in my space idea in our Thai village so if it works out not only will I be getting three times the rent, whenever I need to do my bedding I just walk outside next door!😂  I got you beat! 

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

You have a comforter (I assume duvet/doona) that weighs 20kg ?

I don't know what the hell one calls it buy my wife purchased a number of them it is like a mattress topper, I put it into a largest machine offer I believe 24K and it sits over the warning line. 

When we have family guest pulls them out puts them on the floor to sleep. Actually it is very comfortable. But they are tough to clean due to the size and weight. It can easily be called a Mat

3 hours ago, connda said:

For all of that money I could buy four of these new at today's price.  As far as comforters go?  My wife gives them to the lady next door to wash.  We air them out weekly, wash them every three months or when they actually show dirt stains - whichever comes first.  I think this one needed a belt replaced once, but so long ago I can barely remember.  It just keeps running and running and running! 

😕 Farang:  "But I need Brand Names!"

:biggrin: I gave than nonsense up with I left the US and traded in the Farang-model wife for a Thai-model that actually does house work.  Much happier with cheaper models of everything which are more reliable and don't break-down. 

20240825_150656.thumb.jpg.dbff528d05302270993911e746eed514.jpg

My wife had one of those 20 plus years ago up in the farm. The size of my family especially my daughter in law who is over a 100 K, her panties would snap that <deleted> in half!😂

Our first upgrade was a LG 9K, I later purchased a set of Whirlpool washer and dryers still have them but both are down down to a part and i haven't had the time to get the part.

15 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

To be honest this topic is old I'm not sure if you are joking cause and dragging this discussion gives me the impression it might be something in the past with our exchanges.

I merely answered GGs OP with my experience. I do not think out paths have crossed before, and hope not again after you 'beat me'.

3 hours ago, connda said:

First time balance rods replaced 4 2000 baht,

Badly worded, or read. He means 4 x balance rods/shock absorbers cost Bht 2000 from Samsung.

Bht 800 on Lazada.

24 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

That is your choice but my bedding is large that it can't be placed even in the 16, " after spinning 1.5 "  I take the bedding to mats, each machine is 30 minutes MAX, from there I put them in the dryer for another 30 minutes while each machine finish meantime I fold them neatly and placed them in plastic when home goes into the back of house, bedding area. While you are waiting to spin take it home to dry I've already been done over a hour. 

I meant that the whole wash/spin/tumble process takes 1.5 hours. Out of the machine onto the drying rack outside takes 1 minute. Dry in less than an hour and smells of fresh air. Back onto the bed, so no 'bedding area' needed.

Your wash is 30 minutes after you get to the Mat, take out into the dryer, dryer for 30 minutes, pack into bags, take home takes more time.

Edited by KannikaP

38 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I meant that the whole wash/spin/tumble process takes 1.5 hours. Out of the machine onto the drying rack outside takes 1 minute. Dry in less than an hour and smells of fresh air. Back onto the bed, so no 'bedding area' needed.

Your wash is 30 minutes after you get to the Mat, take out into the dryer, dryer for 30 minutes, pack into bags, take home takes more time.

That is you as noted beginning to end top 1.5  " smells like fresh air "  good one. 

Edited by thailand49

44 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Badly worded, or read. He means 4 x balance rods/shock absorbers cost Bht 2000 from Samsung.

Bht 800 on Lazada.

Whatever, not anymore last time I stood right there watching service guy took rods match them up in Pattaya, Tukcom basement Amore? 450 baht.:cheesy: