can i bring Prednisolon DAK and other Immunosuppression medicine to thailand?

vento

Hi, retuning to Thailand after medical  treatment in my home country.

I need to bring

Prednisolon DAK

Sulfametoxazol

Rapamune/Sirolimus

Cicosporin

i tried google medicine list and found some list and none of the above was on the list, but honestly, not sure if it was updated or correct places i looked. i am mostly concerned about Prednisolon DAK as its very close/near stereoid (at least chemacially) Medicine is prescription for post transplant and i think quite "rare" and properly expensive, so i would like to bring as much as possible.

Also if i understand it correct, i can bring 30days if the medicine is on some list, but if not, its 90 days..  is that correct?

I never travelled with medicine before, so some insight would be nice, 

Thanks

Vento

2 hours ago, vento said:

Hi, retuning to Thailand after medical  treatment in my home country.

I need to bring

Prednisolon DAK

Sulfametoxazol

Rapamune/Sirolimus

Cicosporin

i tried google medicine list and found some list and none of the above was on the list, but honestly, not sure if it was updated or correct places i looked. i am mostly concerned about Prednisolon DAK as its very close/near stereoid (at least chemacially) Medicine is prescription for post transplant and i think quite "rare" and properly expensive, so i would like to bring as much as possible.

Also if i understand it correct, i can bring 30days if the medicine is on some list, but if not, its 90 days..  is that correct?

I never travelled with medicine before, so some insight would be nice, 

Thanks

Vento

No problem. 

As this is not some aspirin, I would carry a prescription from my home country, just in case. It's not required but might make things easier if anybody is asking questions (very improbable).

Nobody is going to count your pills, divide the number by the daily dose and find out that it's for 32 days instead of 30. This is not Germany.

If anybody takes a look at all, it should look like it's for yourself, not for resale.

Fine as long as in clearly labrlled prescription bontainer of dome dory.

Rule is now 30 days supply but as @Lorry said, not strictly enforced.

Have a doctor letter/medical summary with you not only in case questioned by customs (unlikely, but not impossible) but also in case you need to consult a doctor while here. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Rule is now 30 days supply but as @Lorry said, not strictly enforced.

Have a doctor letter/medical summary with you not only in case questioned by customs (unlikely, but not impossible) but also in case you need to consult a doctor while here. 

The most important part is the last paragraph "Have a doctor letter/medical summary with you not only in case questioned by customs (unlikely, but not impossible) but also in case you need to consult a doctor while here."

When travelling to Thailand and carrying prescription medications I always had a letter from my doctor in Australia.

When I had to bring my meds into Thailand, I reached out to the Thai embassy for guidance. They were super helpful and gave me clear info on what I could bring and how much. I’d recommend doing the same since they can give you the most up-to-date and accurate details.

From what I’ve heard, for prescription meds like yours, a 30-day supply is usually fine, but definitely check with the embassy to avoid any issues. 

On 8/5/2024 at 1:11 AM, Sheryl said:

What's this all mean Sheryl? Clearly labelled prescription container.......but dome dory?

Edited by KannikaP