Cenfest immigration report

DrPhibes

Just a heads up.  Today, Tues, Cenfest Immigration packed at 10:30am.  No where to sit anywhere an queue number at 140.  This used to be the empty place to get things done nor requiring retirement or other non-O vista's.  Actually here to get my next non-O extension through an agent who I guess are able to get things done here normal people can't.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Just a heads up.  Today, Tues, Cenfest Immigration packed at 10:30am.  No where to sit anywhere an queue number at 140.  This used to be the empty place to get things done nor requiring retirement or other non-O vista's.  Actually here to get my next non-O extension through an agent who I guess are able to get things done here normal people can't.

Passport in hand with date to go to the Airport immigration for the final extension stamp in Sept.  Waited about 10min for agent to show and 15min to see immigration officer.  Worth the price given the agent came to my house to get materials and such.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Out of curiosity only, you mention you're using an agent (which, I believe, is the only possible way to get a non-O extension at Central Festival) and you mention a queue number.  So, you had to wait until the queue number came up to see an Immigration officer? (I would have thought that an agent would have shuffled you through without the need for any queue number as happens at the main office).

The queue number was to give an idea of how packed it was at that time of the morning. 

We were taken to another area room with probably 50 seats that was also packed to standing room only.  This was where all the agent work is being done.  No queue number.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply and info.  Given you have to return (to main office this time) to obtain the final extension stamp, you're talking about a Non-O extension based on marriage.  Only mentioning this so people are aware that this type of extension can be had at the Central Festival office if an agent is being used.  I presume that a Non-O extension based on retirement can also be had there if using an agent.

On 8/6/2024 at 1:01 PM, CMBob said:

Thanks for the reply and info.  Given you have to return (to main office this time) to obtain the final extension stamp, you're talking about a Non-O extension based on marriage.  Only mentioning this so people are aware that this type of extension can be had at the Central Festival office if an agent is being used.  I presume that a Non-O extension based on retirement can also be had there if using an agent.

Hi Bob ........ are you still doing the retirement ( or marriage)  extension by yourself ?  Just curious,  as i have always ( 20 years)  done so .    But....... getting tired of it .

Big hassle last year when guy "checking my documents"  tried to send me away , saying i needed more info from bank  ( BESIDES  my usual letter from bkk bank stating my amount on deposit in FIXED acct .  that i have used FOREVER  without an issue )

And.....not being able to convince him it is not required I had to go inside and get confirmation from an officer there .   BUT,  after getting called for my appt.  still had an issue with one of the workers ,  until another stepped in and said i was right .

never look forward to that yearly escapade !

Edited by rumak

1 hour ago, rumak said:

....are you still doing the retirement ( or marriage)  extension by yourself ?....  

Yes, I still do it myself (extension based on retirement).  Given most (almost all?) of us are retired and it's only once a year, it's really not that big a deal; besides, typically I have an appointment.

You mention that you were hassled for more info from your bank.  For at least the last 2 years (maybe 3?), they've required (as you mentioned) the "usual" bank letter....but also have required info/statement showing you've maintained the proper amount in the bank for the prior 12 months.  I use SCB for that and get both the usual letter and year-info within about 15 minutes the day before my appointment.  For those using Bangkok Bank, I understand you have to order statements (or something) about 5-7 days beforehand and that would add a bit to the hassle.  I also take with me a load of other documents just in case they ask for same. About 4-5 years ago, the same lady IO who did my extension the year before surprisingly demanded a copy of every page of my passport including stamps from other countries......and she seemed a bit annoyed when I reached into my folder and handed full copy to her (I think she wanted a break or something and expected me to go away). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

they've required (as you mentioned) the "usual" bank letter....but also have required info/statement showing you've maintained the proper amount in the bank for the prior 12 months. 

Yep,  this is where the "problem" arose with Mr Documents Examiner .   When someone (such as I )  has a fixed account ,  with the required copies of all pages, then it is obvious that there has been no activity just by looking at that ( and seeing that the same acct has Not had activity for years ) . 

I can see where there would be confusion if it did not cover the entire one year period that was relevant .    BUT.... inside they said that form NOT NEEDED  by me , with my fixed acct .   AND the topper is, when i was finished i asked the person (guy) who had overseen my visit if i could have a copy of that other  info/statement  form to take with me in case i needed it next year.   his answer  " mai dtong ow .   mai jampen "  

OMG .........  i smile and walk out ,  blood pressure up for sure .  Cause, i know i will have to get past the D. Examiner again next time .   

So......... is there such a form ?   Or does one just ask the bank for said documentation ?   my bank is bangkok bank.... and i will talk to them when i get to the city as well .  

ps:  i bring extra copies of everything as well !   lol

Edited by rumak

4 hours ago, rumak said:

When someone (such as I )  has a fixed account ,  with the required copies of all pages, then it is obvious that there has been no activity just by looking at that ( and seeing that the same acct has Not had activity for years ) . 

I also have a fixed account for extension purposes.  And the comment you make there is very logical; however, that's the problem as logic at times is on vacation for some immigration offices/officers.  Anyway, for future years (well, until they change the requirements again...lol), you're now aware of the bank paperwork requirements here in CM.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Not my first extension so no home visit.

He didn't ask if there was an immigration home visit.

He asked which agency came to your home because you said, "Worth the price given the agent came to my house to get materials and such."

On 8/11/2024 at 9:43 AM, TheAppletons said:

He didn't ask if there was an immigration home visit.

He asked which agency came to your home because you said, "Worth the price given the agent came to my house to get materials and such."

Sorry, misread the message PM me please.