The Rise of Cats and Madness: Do you keep cats in your house?

2 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

third that

love cats. always keep them

P1010005.JPG

I am not much of a cat person I am more into small dogs (silky terriers Bichon Freeze), but I don't mind cats.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

FB_IMG_1723197950377.jpg

Agust?  

I wish we could trace the morons that create these images and remove them from the gene pool.   

If someone is too stupid to spell August properly, after going to the effort of creating a graphic promoting a pointless "day" then why do we want them in our societies?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, transam said:

I have 2, one is the rat killer, the other spends most of its time in the house stalking for weee lizards.

So, we are usually rat and lizard free...😋

Cats don;t at mosquitos and biting rice fly’s, lizards do………..I would like to know if there is a way to attract more lizards to keep the mosquito population down………Cheers

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Have had cats, and dogs and horses, all of my life. Love cats to bits. Currently 2 at the townhouse in Bangkok and 8 at our place in Rayong. Some sleep with us, eat near to us, and generally share our space. At 83 I've yet to get sick as a result of their presence.

Yes, but sometimes it is difficult for us to know if they (the cats) have been driving us mad.

This is what worried people of the 17th century when INTELLECTUALS began keeping cats as pets.

Perhaps the intellectuals were just mad to begin with, and it was the cats that got a bad rap.

• Haha 2

Thai couple rented townhouse for beauty salon. it was abandoned for almost a year and became a shelter for cats. nice house and not that old, just owner was some lousy khun thai. or maybe they asked too much for rent. 

So the new inhabitants opened doors, cleaned some old furniture and suddenly discovered cats living there. 

guess what did they do?

I won't believe that but the person who told that story to me is the most trustworthy lady in our mooban and I had no chance to accuse her of lying.

6 minutes ago, Jerzy Swirski said:

Damn, I thought I was going to win easily with 16 cats but you make me look like an amateur.

I also built a cathouse and fenced off part of the garden so they have plenty of room to wander freely.

We have a lot of land but they don't go far, bit of hunting among the shrubs for lizards.

They all return to the cages at feeding time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Damn, yes, same here, have 10 currently although we lost a few of the younger ones, unsure as to where, possibly snakes or monitor lizards although the wife did have to retrieve one from a Russian lady on a motorbike who thought she was cute once… Very time consuming, constant trips to the vet, pet-shop and about 20 litter trays to keep clean. One lives outside, best friends with our dog. The rest used to wander the garden and jungle but losing them wasn’t nice. Wife may be mad, hard to tell..could just be me.

Edited by Katatonica
Addition
  • Like 1

A pregnant cat chose our garden to give birth in. I was brought up with dogs but my wife has been anti-pets. The mother had obviously be dumped as she in good with people. Now the 3 remaining kittens are 7 weeks old and it looks as though she is pregnant again......

Anybody want some cats?

4 hours ago, Dexxter said:

My first wife was into cats and she obtained many smelly cats after we separated. She was definitely on the mad side of the bell curve.

The Mad cat Lady.

0db35913b620e0c2c312ad4196785d3e.gif.40ce1520629fe498764afefda50a9a53.gif

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

We have around 60, only one in the house and I think my wife's sister has 2 in her house, the rest are in large cages outside.

I built this in 2016 when the numbers started to rise.

IMAG0470.jpg

How very sad to keep cats caged or any animal come to that.

On 8/8/2024 at 7:27 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

I am talking about a relatively little known disease that can lead to craziness!

Yes, it is possible for cats to drive a man crazy.

Is that what happened to you bruv?