Name your favourite Thai bank. Mine is UOB.

3 minutes ago, bravo19 said:

I will try to apply for it next month in Bangkok.

Keep us updated, but it will be a negative I'm afraid. I have multiple GSB accounts and since earlier this year you need a Thai ID to register for the app, and web banking has been discontinued for everyone, including Thais.

I was informed about this by the branch manager before I opened the first account

Edited by CallumWK
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Keep us updated, but it will be a negative I'm afraid. I have multiple GSB accounts and since earlier this year you need a Thai ID to register for the app, and web banking has been discontinued for everyone, including Thais.

I was informed about this by the branch manager before I opened the first account

Yes i will update here my experience to open a savings account and apply for MyMo app.

8 hours ago, bravo19 said:

Yes i will update here my experience to open a savings account and apply for MyMo app.

Not sure what your point is. From @DrJoy post, I understood that he has a GSB account and that it doesn't work for him.

I posted my experience as a GSB account holder.

You don't have an account yet, but you have been arguing about it for a few days already. Why it would be different for you?

Maybe you think you're special, or just like to argue?

I have a deep hatred of all banks, and only have an account out of necessity for visa extensions.

In USA, I 'banked' with my brokerage & credit union, or pillow Inc.

14 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Maybe you think you're special, or just like to argue?

No I am not special but I want to try it myself. I know that some foreigner have already successful register for the MyMo app. And I haven't read an official statement from GSB so far, that foreigner can't register for the mobile banking.