What's One Thing You Wish You Knew Before Moving to Thailand?

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And I thought most men want to hear that they are handsome man and tell great jokes and they make love like nobody else and all that.

And when the girls tell the guys what they want to hear then some guys think: Wow, this is the perfect girl for me, I should marry her.

Yeah, sure, what a great idea. 

Luckily I never married one like I described, as I said I learnt very quickly.

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

My post was taken down...so I'll rephrase it....

I wish I had known that Isaan isn't the most exciting place in the world to live.........to the extent I might feel compelled to rectify the situation.

I lasted 8 months. I spotted one farang near the village once and wanted to approach him to say Hi and maybe have a conversation. He saw me and made a beeline  in the opposite direction.

After reflecting I came to the conclusion that he was "on the lam" or hiding from someone or something.

I had the best True Visions dish at the time, there were no 7-11 and I could access zero farang food items.This meant a 1.5 hour drive to Khon Kaen Lotus. At 1st it was okay but eventually I got to hate the place. Back to Pattaya for me and that was 18 years ago and still here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

I lasted 8 months. I spotted one farang near the village once and wanted to approach him to say Hi and maybe have a conversation. He saw me and made a beeline  in the opposite direction.

After reflecting I came to the conclusion that he was "on the lam" or hiding from someone or something.

I had the best True Visions dish at the time, there were no 7-11 and I could access zero farang food items.This meant a 1.5 hour drive to Khon Kaen Lotus. At 1st it was okay but eventually I got to hate the place. Back to Pattaya for me and that was 18 years ago and still here.

Why did you go there at all?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

You're killing me.

I need to get back to civilisation........ but.......I am living here for free, I have a wonderful, loving, young and attractive wife who pays for everything, bar food and drink....life couldn't be better......but I have to get away......Bangkok for me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

before that kind of information was on the internet, or general knowledge, had to find out for ourselves then, the hard way

Didn't you read Trink's Night Owl column on Fridays for your bar related research?

Nuff said.

No where was his Column  ?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

If I'd known how cheeap beer and flange is I would come earlier !

You know, FLANGE was a word on Countdown on Monday. Rachel smiled as she put it up.

37 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why did you go there at all?

I didn't know any better. It was 20 years ago and the info wasn't as freely available . The only thing I found at the time was an Aussie fellow wrote the novel ("Money Number One") by Neil Hutchinson? I think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

What is Countdown and who is Rachel ?

A daily spelling/numbers show on Channel 4 in UK. Been going for years. You Tube it and you will learn who Rachel Riley is. Enjoy

Or even better, look for 8 Out of Ten Cats does Countdown. She wears much sexier clothing.

Edited by KannikaP

When my brother came here for the first time around 20 years ago i told him,"In twenty years i am only going to regret not buying more land"

I think i was right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1