Malaysias Shocking Justice

gennisis

A drug dealer is lashed 10 times on bare buttocks,causing deep welts . The video last about 7 mins.

Does Thailand have similar punishments?

Not agreeing or disagreeing with the punishment,but I would bet the reoffending rate is pretty low.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think hard labor is the best solution to deter repeat offenders...it will make people think twice about pursuing illegal activities if they know a couple of years of hauling rocks up a hill is what's in store - let them give something back to society, I say :o

True justice in an Islamic country is rare, but drug dealing in a country where it clearly states as you enter that drugs will get you a knock on the head, is asking for it. A few lashes seems fair to me!

I would dearly like to see the ratten cane brought into Britain for such offences. Clearly a slap on the wrist and a stern word has no effect in Britain. A country that has a very serious drug problem.

Its rediculous in my opinion . It reminds me of the middle ages . Although a quick look in Thai jailes may give

me the reminder as well . The punishments are just simply rediculous in these times , jailtime on itself is hard enough allready

not matter the crime , we are all still human beings .

The punishment may seem harsh to some of us, but I would imagine that it acts as a very good deterrent. Though 20 strokes is somewhat excessive.

I recall getting the cane at school years ago. I never repeated what I did.

Personally I'd rather several strokes of the rotan than spend years in jail.

Edited by Shrubbery

When I was a Kid I used to go to the Isle Of Man for holidays.

I always remember being by the pier around the time of the Glasgow works fortnight.

A ferry pulled in full of Orange Men on one dock, whist a Belfast ferry full of tricolour waving Irishmen came in on the other. Great fun we kids thougt..World War Three was about to commence.

One IOM Bobby walked with the big stick they used to carry between the soon to be in battle parties. "Welcome to the IOM" said he " Have a good time, spend your money, but remember we still have the birch ".

That's all he said.

Both sides left without a murmmer. BRING BACK THE BIRCH

The problem with TijneBinje and others in the "let's just talk to them" brigade is this. The punishment may remind you of the dark ages, but what of the crimes?

Dealing drugs is profiting by somebody elses loss/misery/death/addiction!

There are entire housing estates in Britain that are decimated with drugs. I have seen them. Foreign criminals come to Britain to profit from them. I have seen them.

Youngsters out of their senses in parks. I have been there.

6 of the best with a meter long cane. I'd like to see it.

A Malaysian diver showed me that video in January this year but told me it was for rape and he also had a lengthy jail term as well.

That's what I meant , the jail time is enough already . Caning is middle age .....if for this .....well no commend .

I’ve seen the public flogging of 2 men in Saudi. It was nowhere near as hard as shown in the Malaysian video. The Mutawa held a copy of the Koran under his arm while he swung the cane. It was more public humiliation than harm.

I suppose different strokes for different folks.

A Malaysian diver showed me that video in January this year but told me it was for rape and he also had a lengthy jail term as well.

That's what I meant , the jail time is enough already . Caning is middle age .....if for this .....well no commend .

If that is for rape, it is too bloody lenient!

At least once a week for the rest of the jail term! And they should turn his body around.

Som nam na!

If that is for rape, it is too bloody lenient!

At least once a week for the rest of the jail term! And they should turn his body around.

Som nam na!

Kana sai, you are one tough man . . . but so right

The guy is lucky the sentencing judge wasnt my old Headmaster,he used to hand me 12 of the best just for wagging school. :o

Actually, now that I think of it, caning used to be practiced in schools here, but was banned a few years ago. I imagine that out in the sticks there are still some old fashioned hard core teachers who think it acceptable to beat a child, even with the ban.

Actually, now that I think of it, caning used to be practiced in schools here, but was banned a few years ago. I imagine that out in the sticks there are still some old fashioned hard core teachers who think it acceptable to beat a child, even with the ban.

Thats right. My oldest son a couple of years ago went to this . But pretty harmless had a few strains on his legs.

You understand that that particular teacher had it from front and after fom me personally .

His apologies came shortly after and they stopped practising it in this school just before the ban !

Now my son is also in a different school by the way ! :o

Chris

This is the law some people in the southern Thai states want introduced.

Don’t be too shocked about a doctor being present. In some Middle Eastern countries the right hand is amputated for serious theft offences.

They have intensive care ambulances waiting to rush the offender and his severed hand to hospital. Some of the wealthier thieves have a team of surgeons waiting to re-attach their severed hand immediately after the punishment has been carried out.

Edited by Farma

True justice in an Islamic country is rare, but drug dealing in a country where it clearly states as you enter that drugs will get you a knock on the head, is asking for it. A few lashes seems fair to me!

I would dearly like to see the ratten cane brought into Britain for such offences. Clearly a slap on the wrist and a stern word has no effect in Britain. A country that has a very serious drug problem.

I think caneing was first introduced by the British colonial rulers. I am not sure I agree with this method, but I agree with the tough penalties for drug offenses. USA is in the same situation as UK. They might as well sell the stuff in the candy store, as popular as illegal drug use is in USA. First offenders are just slapped on the hands & told "don't do it again". Druggie gang-bangers rule whole streets & neighborhoods & been sliding downhill for 30 years with this problem. Most of the blaming goes to other countries that supply the drugs, such as Mexico, Columbia, etc rather than dealing with the escalating use problem within their own country.

Oh, come on. We are mostly Westerners here. That form of punishment is barbaric. From the dark ages. Enough of being politically correct and sensitive to the Malaysian culture. They should be condemned internationally for this. There is such a thing as right and wrong that transcends cultures. When Bush tortures Al Queda prisoners that is wrong. So is this beating method.

Edited by Jingthing