Hau Hin Golf Festival 2024

JAS21

It's on now until the end of September. But I don't think Banyan (Pineapple Valley) or Seapine are included.

We played both of those courses last weekend with a group from the golf club where we are members. The greens at Pineapple Valley were really good as were the fairways. Its a nice course but I honestly don't understand why people rate it so high. Seapine was probably more interesting, but the greens were not in a good state at all, and the rough ...hell ...hard to dig the ball out. And towards the end of the day the wind really got up.   TBH I wouldn't make much effort to play either again but YMMV.

9 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

It's on now until the end of September. But I don't think Banyan (Pineapple Valley) or Seapine are included.

We played both of those courses last weekend with a group from the golf club where we are members. The greens at Pineapple Valley were really good as were the fairways. Its a nice course but I honestly don't understand why people rate it so high. Seapine was probably more interesting, but the greens were not in a good state at all, and the rough ...hell ...hard to dig the ball out. And towards the end of the day the wind really got up.   TBH I wouldn't make much effort to play either again but YMMV.

Wind in Chiang Rai is seldom any factor, although Hua Hin may be different.

The Ocean Course at the National Golf Club in Melbourne no longer exists. A Peter Thomson course, it was redesigned by Tom Doak after the members voted it was just too difficult to play.

On a windy day, of which there were plenty, anything above 50 km/hr had the golf balls rolling off the greens.

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2024 at 3:23 PM, Lacessit said:

Wind in Chiang Rai is seldom any factor, although Hua Hin may be different.

The Ocean Course at the National Golf Club in Melbourne no longer exists. A Peter Thomson course, it was redesigned by Tom Doak after the members voted it was just too difficult to play.

On a windy day, of which there were plenty, anything above 50 km/hr had the golf balls rolling off the greens.

Wind is not the problem there … but another element can be ….