Unlimited 60-day Visa Exempt for US Citizen

I noticed immigration is offering 60-day visa exemption that is extendable 30 days.  I cannot find any information that would limit the number of times this can be done. Is it truly unlimited at all crossings (land and air)? It has been almost a month.  What do we know? 

2 hours ago, TimLMT said:

I noticed immigration is offering 60-day visa exemption that is extendable 30 days.  I cannot find any information that would limit the number of times this can be done. Is it truly unlimited at all crossings (land and air)? It has been almost a month.  What do we know? 

Two entries, for UK folks, RTE London 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/exemp-visa

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

Two entries, for UK folks, RTE London 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/exemp-visa

makes zero sense as you can go to immigration and extend another 30 days so why would you have to prove you have confirmed transport out of thailand after the 60 days....shoot ready aim....oh that somebody would read this stuff before it gets published and ask.."does this make any sense?"

Foreigners entering Thailand by any means under the Visa Exemption scheme are required at the port of entry to have proof of planned travel (confirmed air, train, bus, or boat tickets) to leave Thailand within 60 days of the arrival date. Otherwise, a visa must be obtained before entering Thailand.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

The "two land border visa exempt entries per calendar year" rule has been officially scraped.

Do you have a link you can share confirming that?

The only thing I've seen was a statement made by a guy from MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) & whilst they set Visa policies, they don't set Immigration Policies.

End of the day an Immigration Officer can refuse you entry if they believe you're living in Thailand without a valid longer term Visa & continuous 60 day (even worse 60 + 30 day extension) border runs (by land or air) is liable to get you knocked back sooner or later. 

If it were me I would get a DTV whilst they're still available for "Soft" (Their word not mine) reasons...   

A lot of people think that this is a crazy idea because everyone will switch from a non o to doing visa runs .What they’ve overlooked is that the 1900 baht for an extension 4 times a year plus the border runs will probably bring more money into the country