Isopropyl Alcohol

Rice_King

Visited three pharmacies today and none sold isopropyl alcohol. The stores I visited only sold rubbing alcohol (ethyl alcohol 70%). Per instructions I am following, I require 91% alcohol to use as a solvent for a project I am attempting. Can anyone tell me where I can find (a small bottle of) isopropyl alcohol in CM?

Thanks!

Visited three pharmacies today and none sold isopropyl alcohol. The stores I visited only sold rubbing alcohol (ethyl alcohol 70%). Per instructions I am following, I require 91% alcohol to use as a solvent for a project I am attempting. Can anyone tell me where I can find (a small bottle of) isopropyl alcohol in CM?

Thanks!

Good luck. I have been looking for this for a few years now and have only found 'isopropyl rubbing alcohol 70%' which is in virtually every pharmacy and has blue coloring. I have asked at many pharmacies and they just shrug their shoulders but I have not asked at my favorite one across the street from the Montri Hotel.

If you do find clear 91% isopropyl, please let us know, willya?

You are not, like, making an intercontinental ballistic missile, are you? :o

Thanks!

Try the dispensary at a hospital - they use Isoproply alcohol for cleaning and other uses. The Ram or McCormick will probably be the easiest choice because they have English speaking staff there.

CB

You are not, like, making an intercontinental ballistic missile, are you? :o

LOL! No Dustoff, nothing so glamorous. My (freaking) ink jet printer is "on the fritz." I was going to try this How to Clean Clogged Inkjet Printheads procedure to try to alleviate the issue.

Ah, been there, done that. I rarely use my Epson printer and learned on my own to both run a 'test page' frequently and found that replacing the print head is as expensive as just buying another cheap printer.

I used the above-mentioned 'rubbing alcohol' drip method down the holes under the ink cartridges and it worked fine. Not sure but it seems that so-called rubbing alcohol here is not the same as in western countries that contain some kind of oil or other 'slicky-stuff' but it shouldn't matter since a drop of same will be absorbed in the cleaning process.

When I had this prob a while back and could not resolve it, I disassembled the Epson printer and discovered that the little felt cleaning pad had been left out, making the cleaning process ineffectual. I bought a new printer since finding/replacing the felt pad and spending all those hours reassembling the printer was not worth my time.

I was just away for a couple of months and before I left I pulled the ink cartridges and taped their heads and also put Scotch tape over the holes in the recepticles. It works fine. Pulling the cover of a cheap inkjet printer can be a nightmare in itself but if you can accomplish it, look under the printhead and see if that felt pad is there. If not, it will never work right again..

Have you tried

Central Office Products Co.,Ltd.

50/12 Hillside Plaza

Huay Kaew Road

Changpuag

The ministry of foreign affairs website lists them as suppliers of "solvents (ethyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, n-propyl alcohol, isobutyl alcohol, ethyl acetate, n-propyl acetate)"

Have you tried

Central Office Products Co.,Ltd.

50/12 Hillside Plaza

Huay Kaew Road

Changpuag

The ministry of foreign affairs website lists them as suppliers of "solvents (ethyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, n-propyl alcohol, isobutyl alcohol, ethyl acetate, n-propyl acetate)"

That recommendation looks promising. 50/12 Hillside Plaza. Would that be an address for inside Hillside 4?

If worse comes to worse I have 95-99% ethyl alcohol (lab grade) at my office at the university. I use it also as a solvent and cleaning high vacuum components due to its purity. I buy it 5 liters at a time. The reason isopropyl is mentioned in the article is it's easy to get. The ethyl should work fine. I'll check where we buy ours at.

That recommendation looks promising. 50/12 Hillside Plaza. Would that be an address for inside Hillside 4?

I'm not from chiang Mai so have no idea of the location. Their website suggests they are suppliers of office printer products, remanufacturing inkjet and toner cartridges.

I had the same problems with a brand new Epsom, dont use it for a month & the head gums up.

Solution

Buy an HP, havnt had any trouble with it yet.

Thanks Pond! I file this under "DUH!"

I too have owned more than one HP printer in the past and never experienced clogging issues with them. This was my first... and LAST Epson.

Caveat emptor!!