Paetongtarn’s pledge: No more Shinawatra slip-ups

3 minutes ago, BE88 said:

She doesn't make any decisions, she has to do what her father tells her.

His clan is the real power.

And you know this How???  or is this another wild assumption

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Will B Good said:

So she's not going to get involved in corrupt land deals, dodgy share sales, tax avoidance, nepotism or extortion......

.......what an angel.

👍 Perfectly put :clap2:

• Thanks 1

The thais are their own worst enemy reading the news papers, they are now digging up dirt on her in the Alpine Golf Course  scandal dating back to 1969  and the Deputy pm and thaskin  the deputy got 2 yrs also trying to link her in helping  foreigners buy houses  they are after her already 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MikeandDow said:

And you know this How???  or is this another wild assumption

geeeezzzz what a stupid comment. you really believe she'll do anything without papa's ok?

believe in santa much?

2 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

why can you not give her the benefit of the doubt. she might be good for thailand 

sycophant to say the least. since when is a shi_awat good for thailand? naive much?

2 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

geeeezzzz what a stupid comment. you really believe she'll do anything without papa's ok?

believe in santa much?

yes i do, I am giving her a chance to see what she can do, more that you are, don't get me wrong I don't like thaskin  he is a murdering scumbag but i think she deserves a chance 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

yes i do, I am giving her a chance to see what she can do, more that you are, don't get me wrong I don't like thaskin  he is a murdering scumbag but i think she deserves a chance 

no, she doesnt. only reason she is pm is because of political maneuvering by her father.  look how that worked out for sreta. only PP deserve a chance. the legitimate winners of 2023 election

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

no, she doesnt. only reason she is pm is because of political maneuvering. only PP deserve a chance. the legitimate winners of 2023 election

Yes i agree only there by political maneuvering, PP should be there tell me this WHY did pita not nominate a backup pm which he should have and the his backup could have been PM i call that very bad planning by the PP have to be smarter to win the race

Edited by MikeandDow

9 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

why can you not give her the benefit of the doubt. she might be good for thailand 

I will be the first to applaud if she is.

I have no choice but to give her the benefit of the doubt -  the circus that marauds as 'politics in Thailand' has contrived to put this inexperienced Shinawatra offspring in this position of power. For the sake of the Thai people I hope she does a good job ffor them. It matters not what Farangs like me think, but the feedback I am hearing from Thais is less than favourable.

16 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

The thais are their own worst enemy reading the news papers, they are now digging up dirt on her in the Alpine Golf Course  scandal dating back to 1969  and the Deputy pm and thaskin  the deputy got 2 yrs also trying to link her in helping  foreigners buy houses  they are after her already 

To be fair I doubt that any member of that family is squeaky clean and safe from investigation.

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I will be the first to applaud if she is.

I have no choice but to give her the benefit of the doubt -  the circus that marauds as 'politics in Thailand' has contrived to put this inexperienced Shinawatra offspring in this position of power. For the sake of the Thai people I hope she does a good job ffor them. It matters not what Farangs like me think, but the feedback I am hearing from Thais is less than favourable.

Well in my neck of the woods the thais seem to think she will be ok  i agree it is a circus  going to wait and see

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

To be fair I doubt that any member of that family is squeaky clean and safe from investigation.

I would agree with you but its not the shinawatra the Thais need to sort out its the EC and the CC  the power these have is ridiculous 9 unelected judges bring down a government   

2 hours ago, Enoon said:
7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Best not listen to Daddy then, he got himself ousted and his sister.. by dubious scams.

They got ousted by the power elite.......because they were too popular with the voters.

And Thaksin did a lot to stop drugs on the street, which for a lot of people was a good thing, made him popular.... unless you were an army general selling drugs, finding your income dropping from the sale of drugs.

Then him at the time, who was second on the rung of the ladder, borrowed some money from MR T, him at the top of the ladder found out and was not impressed.

The two of the above together equaled a coup.

And yes for your average Thia he was well liked, it was him that brought in the 30-baht heath care, brought in pensions, money for the handicap, very popular with the people. 

11 minutes ago, kickstart said:

And Thaksin did a lot to stop drugs on the street, which for a lot of people was a good thing, made him popular.... unless you were an army general selling drugs, finding your income dropping from the sale of drugs.

Then him at the time, who was second on the rung of the ladder, borrowed some money from MR T, him at the top of the ladder found out and was not impressed.

The two of the above together equaled a coup.

And yes for your average Thia he was well liked, it was him that brought in the 30-baht heath care, brought in pensions, money for the handicap, very popular with the people. 

You are taking the Pxss, the guy killed 2500 people on the war of drugs a crime against humanity

Responsible for the Tak bai incident

Responsible for the troubles down south

Corruption

the thai people well rid of him

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

You are taking the Pxss, the guy killed 2500 people on the war of drugs a crime against humanity

Responsible for the Tak bai incident

Responsible for the troubles down south

Corruption

the thai people well rid of him

You have forgotten something, we are farangs not Thai's your average Thai still likes him.

Like Isaid he brought in pensions and money for the handicap, one of which is my wife's autistic daughter.

And I would say that killing drug dealers, a crime against humanity, the jury is out on that one, the last president of the Philippines did the same thing.

Will say, those 80+people that died in the back of that truck in Tak not his finest hour, the troubles down south were happening before his watch.

3 minutes ago, kickstart said:

You have forgotten something, we are farangs not Thai's your average Thai still likes him.

Like Isaid he brought in pensions and money for the handicap, one of which is my wife's autistic daughter.

And I would say that killing drug dealers, a crime against humanity, the jury is out on that one, the last president of the Philippines did the same thing.

Will say, those 80+people that died in the back of that truck in Tak not his finest hour, the troubles down south were happening before his watch.

Yes i am A farang  i do not like Thaskin for what he has done to thai people The majority if you ask them DO not like Thaskin  now lets get to some facts

2,873 Thais dead in a matter of three months, from February to April, 2003. The victims included whole families, women, children and old people. In many cases, bodies were left out in the open in an almost ritualistic public display, to be photographed by an all too eager local press.

international human rights organisations denounced the "war" as one of the worst cases of human rights abuse in recent times. Eventually, the UN Commission on Human Rights asked the Thai government to explain some 23 cases of abuse from mass killings to deaths and disappearances of rights defenders, like lawyer Somchai Neelapaijit.

When the Independent Committee on the Casualties of the 2003 War on Drugs established by the Surayud Chulanont government published its report in 2008, it concluded that 1,372 of the people killed had no drug related records.

More importantly, the chair of the commission concluded that all 2,873 killings should be considered crimes against humanity.

I could go on but think you get the point Thaskin was responsible for the above

the troubles down south where started by him when he was in power (google is your Friend )

yes he had some good policy's but at what cost to the Thai people  to the family's he killed  and he is at it again the man is evil and the people are realizing that 

On 8/19/2024 at 10:15 AM, webfact said:

Thailand’s youngest Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra pledged to avoid the political disasters plaguing her father and aunt. Addressing the media for the first time after her royal endorsement yesterday, the 37 year old Thai premier made a bold promise to dodge the fate of Thaksin and Yingluck Shinawatra

How can she avoid them without changing the laws to make things legal that Thaksin tells her to do? She is his puppet so she can not dodge anything if she blindly follows what daddy tells her