Thaksin's Lese-Majeste Trial Set for July Next Year

Absolutely, this is an issue to be dealt with by Thai citizens. However, as a friend of Thailand I do have my public opinion. That opinion is that, this particular law has been purposely misused against political opponents. The recent call by the freely elected majority party's call for reforming the law was correct. Not an attack on the Monarchy but rather a call to return to the purpose of protecting the Monarchy.

10 hours ago, Wrwest said:

Absolutely, this is an issue to be dealt with by Thai citizens. However, as a friend of Thailand I do have my public opinion. That opinion is that, this particular law has been purposely misused against political opponents. The recent call by the freely elected majority party's call for reforming the law was correct. Not an attack on the Monarchy but rather a call to return to the purpose of protecting the Monarchy.

They understand that reforming the law is the beginning of the end of their monopoly on power and wealth.  It has nothing to do with the Monarchy as such. If they can close the circle between Monarchy, armee and elites, it's a win-win-win, they will always help each other. MVP is a treath to that circle and monopoly on wealth, so they need to get rid of it, and they did. The Monarchy (still) has respect from large numbers, and this is being misused by keeping the circle closed. It can only be opened by the power of large numbers, but these large numbers are poorly educated, unorganized and lack the means. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/19/2024 at 12:21 PM, webfact said:

When questioned by reporters about his confidence in fighting the case, Thaksin expressed that he was not worried and saw no problems.

I wonder why?