Thailand Urged To Expand Tax Cuts for Rooftop Solar Panels

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

Designed to offer tax incentives to 90,000 households from this year to 2027

Better than nothing but an absolute drop in the ocean.

A bit short on details. How much is the tax reduction, and what kind of tax do they reduce? A rebate on your income tax, or a reduction or cancellation in the VAT on the purchase? Is this scheme available to homes owned in a company name?

• Agree 2

My Opinion, most Solar will be installed by Middle Class.

A cost analysis needs to be done comparing usage, cost of Solar (roof tiles may need replacing, batteries/storage, all inverters, controllers, mounting hardware, cables).

For foreigners the ROI from an S&P Index fund may be better choice.

Lastly most Non-AC, Fan Only homes generally are easier to upgrade with LED, Newer TV, efficient Washer, efficient Refrigerator.  The place I know the 8 people consume less than 1500 baht a month.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder who produces the solar panels?

Ya, good question.  China has supposedly way over produced & was dumping on world markets (I think).  CCP would not hesitate to dump in Thailand, potentially causing a problem for Thai solar company's employment & profitability.

• Thumbs Up 1

it's likely that this is once again tied to countless regulations, guidelines, and forms,

making it not worth the effort to get a tax reduction.

as we all know, thai bureaucracy has no limits, following the motto, "more and

as complicated as possible is better than just simple and straightforward!"

7 hours ago, OneZero said:

Ya, good question.  China has supposedly way over produced & was dumping on world markets (I think).  CCP would not hesitate to dump in Thailand, potentially causing a problem for Thai solar company's employment & profitability.

China’s Not-So-Secret Economic Weapon (amac.us)

Quote: "The concept of the state using its control of markets to wield excess manufacturing output as an economic weapon against capitalist nations has a long history in communist thought. Mao Zedong, China’s first communist leader, was an avid proponent of the writings of early Soviet philosopher Lyubov Axelrod, who proposed that the oversupply of capitalist markets with cheaper products manufactured by the communist state-sponsored companies could undermine the power of Western capital.  But it was Mao’s successor, Deng Xiaoping, who strategically prepared Chinese industry to actually implement this goal – a goal that Xi Jinping has fully embraced.