First time in Phuket with kids

ilikethai

Hello again and thank you again.  My western relatives are visiting next week and I'll be showing them around.  The wife is farang who loves anything local foods and sights.  The husband likes anything farang related, international foods and setting lol.  As for me I've never been to Phuket before.  We'll be staying in around Naiyang beach area.  The kids love water and shopping malls.  The adults want to go see the Big Buddha, ancient temples and any other important and beautiful views and places.   Is Naiyang safe to stroll around the blocks and the beach?  We need taxi, tuk tuk?  We want to go to that big mall Jungceylong mall and how?  I was told to rent a motor bike but we're concerned about safety.  thanks in advance 🙂

Hi, I lived and built small hotels at Naiyang for many years.  It's very safe but there isn't really a village centre.  The beach area is about 1-2km from the main airport road where there are many guest houses and small restaurants etc, but no large shops. So stay by the beach if you want to swim (safe) and enjoy the beautiful beach.

Patong is certainly 100 times better for shopping, but it's a distance, so a taxi (not tuk-tuk) is needed to go from Naiyang to Patong.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 8/26/2024 at 6:25 AM, simon43 said:

Hi, I lived and built small hotels at Naiyang for many years.  It's very safe but there isn't really a village centre.  The beach area is about 1-2km from the main airport road where there are many guest houses and small restaurants etc, but no large shops. So stay by the beach if you want to swim (safe) and enjoy the beautiful beach.

Patong is certainly 100 times better for shopping, but it's a distance, so a taxi (not tuk-tuk) is needed to go from Naiyang to Patong.

thankyou do we just flag the taxi on the road side?

On 8/26/2024 at 7:34 AM, zzzzz said:

its monsoon season so red flags out on the  beach,  be careful with the kids>
rather than Patong  head to Central Mall in Phuket town for shopping western foods

taxi or better, why not rent a car for the day?

hi which is better Jungceyon or Central Mall festival?  I'm assuming Jungcelon

42 minutes ago, ilikethai said:

hi which is better Jungceyon or Central Mall festival?  I'm assuming Jungcelon

Central festival has higher priced stores,/ Central than has local priced stores and lots of restaurants and 2 food malls so wins by a mile 
Nai yung to central 34 or less kms

cancel ur no pool hotel an re book one on the beach road, its low season so u can get a great deal

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

Central festival has higher priced stores,/ Central than has local priced stores and lots of restaurants and 2 food malls so wins by a mile 
Nai yung to central 34 or less kms

cancel ur no pool hotel an re book one on the beach road, its low season so u can get a great deal

thankyou all I see is around $100 per night with lowest 76$ at burasari hotel

Traffic in Phuket has gotten horrendously bad, although now being low season maybe it's lightened up a little? Anyway, you don't want family and kids spending half their holiday in a taxi, in traffic going from Nai Yang to Central, or Phuket Town.

Had family from Sweden with kids stay in Karon. They loved it. When looking at the water it was the resort furthest to the right down the beach, used to be a Centara...it's the last one on the beach as the road goes uphill towards Patong. Great pools, kids had a blast. Low season ocean at Karon can be treacherous, so do be careful.

• Agree 1