August 27, 20242 yr I have a small open room at the top of my landing which I've converted into a home office by adding a glass partition to the open side. The room is the following dimensions: W 2.2m L 2.7m H 2.6m According to a BTU calculator I used, I'd need around 6800 BTU, however the smallest units I see start at 9000 BTU. Is there wall mounted inverters that are suitable for this size, or would a portable be better?
August 27, 20242 yr Popular Post Yeah, really small units are as common as hen's teeth 😞 I'd just get a 9,000 BTU inverter unit, it will throttle itself once your space is down to temperature. It's also worth noting that such a small space may lose a lot of its cooled air when someone opens the door so a bit of extra cooling could well be useful. "I don't want to know why you can't. I want to know how you can!"
August 27, 20242 yr Just have got a 9000 BTU Unit installed for my Carport Solar Room 2m x 4m, a Mobile Unit was not really an option. The Unit is cooling down the Room within some minutes. Edited August 27, 20242 yr by UWEB
August 27, 20242 yr Several brands sell 9,000 BTU with inverter; I used a 9,000 Japanese brand in a small room and it was not cold enough; same brand 24,000 BTU with inverter in a large room --> too many leaks and evaporator changed two times. I won't buy Japanese anymore. Search Air Conditioner Recommendations ... Check my pics / comments and other members' posts.
August 31, 20242 yr Author So you went with the Haier ultimately? When we bought our house they included aircons in 3 of the rooms and we had to purchase units for 2 other rooms. The Samsung units they included are pretty poor. We brought Haier units for the other 2 rooms and they are much better in functionality and features than the Samsung. So yeah, I got a 9000btu Haier unit again for this home office and it was also the cheapest unit available.
August 31, 20242 yr Author On 8/27/2024 at 3:29 PM, UWEB said: Just have got a 9000 BTU Unit installed for my Carport Solar Room 2m x 4m, a Mobile Unit was not really an option. The Unit is cooling down the Room within some minutes. What is a solar room?
August 31, 20242 yr 44 minutes ago, Millian said: What is a solar room? Presumably a room containing the parts (excluding panels) of a solar electric generating/storage set up. Inverter, controller, batteries and anything else required.
August 31, 20242 yr 3 minutes ago, treetops said: Presumably a room containing the parts (excluding panels) of a solar electric generating/storage set up. Inverter, controller, batteries and anything else required. Yep, correct. Better to keep the Batteries cool.
August 31, 20242 yr 3 hours ago, Millian said: So you went with the Haier ultimately? When we bought our house they included aircons in 3 of the rooms and we had to purchase units for 2 other rooms. The Samsung units they included are pretty poor. We brought Haier units for the other 2 rooms and they are much better in functionality and features than the Samsung. So yeah, I got a 9000btu Haier unit again for this home office and it was also the cheapest unit available. Haier 18,000 BTU inverter installed in May. Perfect! I do a self-clean once a month ("self-clean function on Haier reduces mold growth and eliminates odors") and I clean the filters 3 times a month. I'll call the guy to clean everything twice a year.
September 1, 20242 yr Author On 8/31/2024 at 2:25 PM, UWEB said: Yep, correct. Better to keep the Batteries cool. Do you have to run aircon 24/7 I'm that room then?
September 1, 20242 yr Author 21 hours ago, frequentatore said: Haier 18,000 BTU inverter installed in May. Perfect! I do a self-clean once a month ("self-clean function on Haier reduces mold growth and eliminates odors") and I clean the filters 3 times a month. I'll call the guy to clean everything twice a year. Yeah pretty simialr, although I clean the filters once per month and run the self clean after. Full service twice a year also.
September 1, 20242 yr On 8/27/2024 at 8:24 PM, frequentatore said: I won't buy Japanese anymore. Are there non Japanese air conditioners?
September 1, 20242 yr On 8/27/2024 at 2:59 PM, Millian said: I have a small open room at the top of my landing which I've converted into a home office by adding a glass partition to the open side. The room is the following dimensions: W 2.2m L 2.7m H 2.6m According to a BTU calculator I used, I'd need around 6800 BTU, however the smallest units I see start at 9000 BTU. Is there wall mounted inverters that are suitable for this size, or would a portable be better? Get the 9000 BTU is will cool the room down a bit quicker
September 1, 20242 yr 29 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said: Are there non Japanese air conditioners? The repairman recommended Haier. Very good choice; very cheap, quiet, and self-clean function (reduces mold growth and eliminates odors on the evaporator). Google: . "Haier is a leading enterprise in the Chinese household appliance industry" . (in 2016) "General Electric announced that it agreed to sell its appliance division to the Haier Group for $5.4 billion, putting one of America's best-known brands in the hands of one of China's largest companies."
September 1, 20242 yr 41 minutes ago, frequentatore said: The repairman recommended Haier. Very good choice; very cheap, quiet, and self-clean function (reduces mold growth and eliminates odors on the evaporator). Google: . "Haier is a leading enterprise in the Chinese household appliance industry" . (in 2016) "General Electric announced that it agreed to sell its appliance division to the Haier Group for $5.4 billion, putting one of America's best-known brands in the hands of one of China's largest companies." Was only poking, AFAIAC Id, buy only Mitsubishi or Daikin. I have 9 Mitsubishi unit running here for nearly ten years, and they do just great, with a few repairs and regular maintenance.
September 1, 20242 yr 2 hours ago, Millian said: Do you have to run aircon 24/7 I'm that room then? No need for at the moment, start the Aircon around 9.00 am and stop at 6.00 pm. But that may change in hot season. Edited September 1, 20242 yr by UWEB
Create an account or sign in to comment