Marriage Visa Guidance

Does any one know if it is possible to apply for a marriage visa for me (Brit with Thai wife) whist I am here in the UK, if so are the conditions, costs, standards and all that paperwork of a similar standard?

I can’t seem to source any info on the matter on any Thai embassy or consulate web site and my Thai reading ability “Aint” all that. I know this site offers some general guidance on its home page but is there any definitive thorough explanation anywhere?

Ring the Embassy sounds like a thoroughly good idea maybe.

Regards to all readers.

Pilgrim

Not sure what you mean by Marriage Visa as there is no such thing.

You can get a multi entry Non Immigrant Visa in the UK based on having a Thai wife. Advise using the Consulate in Hull. Can do by post.

You will need copies of marriage certificate,wifes ID card . And your passport of course. The fee is 100 pounds.

This will give you up to 15 months in Thailand but you will have to leave and return every 90 days.

When this Visa is nearly expired you can get a yearly extension in Thailand if you and your wife can show a monthly income of 40,000 Baht.

Just “google” after “Thai Consulate Hull”, download and peruse their package (it’s all there), apply for a Non-Immigrant-O-Visa, Multiple Entries, pay £ 100.

Tell us little bit more about you future stays in Thailand, but once inside Thailand you do have several possibilities to extend your stay or even go for retirement.