Best heart test in Thailand

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

No, it also mentions that even after the stent procedure problems can develop.

All surgeries come with risks, it prolongs lives, it does not mean that you will be immortal. Without the surgeries most probably all would have died.

20 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I want my arteries checked to see if any blockages ,would that be a CT scan?

I don't want that angio gram where they put tubes in 

For blockages, start with a stress test. That's where they put you on a treadmill while hooked up to an ECG.

If there's a blockage that test will show that something is wrong.

The next step would be to see where they are. They inject a substance that will allow them to observe your blood flow.

The next step depends on the severity. Often one or two stents will be needed to open the blockages, but if the problem is bad enough then surgery might be required.

My own experience five years ago was this:

1) I had a stress test at Pattaya International Hospital. Cost was 4,000 plus 1,300 for the cardiologist.

2) Scheduled the injection test at Phyathai Hospital in Si Racha.

3) Test showed a 65% blockage and a 35% blockage. Doctor recommended 1 stent.

4) I agreed and he immediately installed it. I was awake and alert the entire time. I felt nothing except for the entry point on the wrist.

5) I spend the night in ICU there for observation, but that's just a precaution. I felt fine and there was no issue at all.

Total cost at Phyathai was 220,000. For one comparison, Bangkok Pattaya wanted 400,000.

The doctor was Dr. Ekkhalak Koonsiripaiboon. About 40 years old, sharp and spoke excellent English.

In hindsight, I wish I'd have asked to stent the 35% blockage as well. Normally it's not done for only 35%, but considering that I was already there on the table the extra cost would have just been the stent itself (not cheap, of course. From Germany, I believe. "The best on the market," said the Doc.)

Here's my before and after images:

IMG_7103.jpeg

IMG_7104.jpeg

Edited by Paradise Pete
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Irish star said:

The one in Sri Ratcha Saved my Life , Sepsis , Heart at 20% 

I was Transferred there from a Hospital in Pattaya, I had like 7 machines stacked , I was out of it , but they said that Smitijej was cheaper than Bangkok Hospital so I took the 45 min ambulance during Covid at 6 month mark 21 days two surgeries Burst Appendix, had no pain for 3 days but I wasn’t hungry , I finally took a shower got on motorbike from Jomtien with gf and crashed slowly collapsing in emergency room drive away near Central Mall , great cardiologist from a famous family in Bkk and I had their Best Surgeon the hospital mainly has Japanese and Thai elite patients 

Edited by Irish star
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2024 at 6:54 AM, buick said:

i did the Exercise Stress Test at Bumrungrad, as a separate thing, not part off the Health Screening Package where they do all sorts of stuff (including the EST).  it was 10,000thb.  that's just a data point for you.  not saying it's the best place.

i'm also interested in the artery calcium scan, will probably do that in the next year or so.  let us know what you find out there.

I had the artery scan in the neck area some time ago and you can see on the monitor the edges where calcium can build up and create a blockage