Man Injured After Falling from Train in Uttaradi

Georgealbert

IMG_5040.jpeg

Picture courtesy of ThaiRath.

A 43-year-old man was seriously injured after falling from a train while on his way home. The incident occurred near Ban Dara Railway Station in Phichai District, Uttaradit Province.

At approximately 04:30, on September 1, Police Lieutenant Colonel Kanisorn Khumpetch, an investigator from Phichai Police Station, along with volunteers from the Uttaradit Rescue Foundation, Kor Rum unit, responded to a report of a man falling from a train and sustaining serious injuries in Moo 1, Ban Dara Subdistrict.

Upon arrival, authorities found the injured man lying face down in water, about 200 metres from Ban Dara Railway Station. The man was identified as Mr. Apisit, 43, from Huai Mun Subdistrict, Nam Pat District, Uttaradit Province.

Initial examinations revealed serious injuries to his head, a broken right arm and multiple cuts and abrasions all over his body. He was still conscious and was immediately transported to Phichai Hospital for further treatment.

According to Mr. Anusorn To-pliang, a volunteer with the Uttaradit Rescue Foundation, the victim had been traveling from Bangkok and was on his way home to Nam Pat District. He boarded the train intending to disembark at Uttaradit Railway Station. However, as the train passed Ban Dara Railway Station, he accidentally fell from the train, resulting in the serious injuries he sustained. 

Authorities are investigating the incident further to determine the exact cause of the fall.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-01

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

Last time on a train from Ubon the doors were ties back and as we were in the last carriage there was just a bit of rope over the gapping open door space at the back, as well as a window jammed open. Its surprising more do not fall out. Build a space age station but the rolling stock is from the 50's

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, proton said:

Last time on a train from Ubon the doors were ties back and as we were in the last carriage there was just a bit of rope over the gapping open door space at the back, as well as a window jammed open. Its surprising more do not fall out. Build a space age station but the rolling stock is from the 50's

Back in the 50s we knew how to take care of ourselves without being mollycoddled.

A way of life that appears to be lost forever.

• Agree 2

Just now, Tropicalevo said:

Back in the 50s we knew how to take care of ourselves without being mollycoddled.

But I don't recall British Rail trains being death traps in the 1950's

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

That's definitely true, common sense has disappeared.

That said I don't recall having to deal with trains with no doors.

5 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

That's definitely true, common sense has disappeared.

That said I don't recall having to deal with trains with no doors.

That is true, but from what I can remember, you opened the door and had to walk between the two carriages. There was nothing to stop you from falling off as you moved over the couplings. (But it was a long time ago and my memory is ........)

14 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is true, but from what I can remember, you opened the door and had to walk between the two carriages. There was nothing to stop you from falling off as you moved over the couplings. (But it was a long time ago and my memory is ........)

My experience is England and the walkway between carriages was covered by a flexible rubber/plastic tube so it wasn't open and impossible to fall through.