Pattaya Police Arrest Thai Man for Robbing Russian Tourist to Fund Gambling Habit

webfact

image.jpeg

A desperate young Thai man was arrested in Pattaya after allegedly robbing a female Russian tourist to fund his gambling addiction.

At 9:00 PM on September 2nd, 2024, Pattaya Tourist Police apprehended a theft suspect, identified as 21-year-old Mr. Rungtawan Sakaew, in front of a rental room along Pattaya-Naklua Road. Mr. Rungtawan was suspected of robbing a Russian tourist and was found in possession of the stolen item, including a gold-colored Infinix mobile phone valued at around 15,000 baht.

According to a police report, a Russian woman, 34-year-old Ms. Aisylu (surname withheld by police), reported to Banglamung Police around 10:30 AM on September 2nd that she was robbed near an intersection by the Blind School in Soi Naklua 16. The perpetrator, a Thai male teenager, approached her, pretending to be friendly, and asked how long she had been in Thailand. The alleged thief then offered to show her around Pattaya to distract her before snatching her mobile phone and fleeing the scene.

Following the robbery, Ms. Aisylu chased after the suspect and sought help from local residents. A Good Samaritan then assisted her in reporting the crime to the Banglamung Police Station.

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 

-- 2024-09-04

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

By Aim Tanakorn

• Thumbs Up 1

What i am surprised is that she actually got the Pattaya police to be proactive and search and actually find someone for snatching a phone. I wonder if she had to grease some palms to get them to leave their desks for that

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

What i am surprised is that she actually got the Pattaya police to be proactive and search and actually find someone for snatching a phone. I wonder if she had to grease some palms to get them to leave their desks for that

Within EIGHT hours of the crime!   Not what we've come to expect of Pattaya PLOD!  Was she a VIP?

• Like 1