Totally legal way to activate Windows

Beachcomber

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

What in the world are you on about. I have been working with and installing windows since Win 3.11 and 3.12 Workstation. Also setting up servers with NT and version after that. Still working with Windows. As you can see, below OOBE is a part of the installation process, which then easily explained makes it an installation file as the setup is not completed.
image.png.a1603c94d0e4e7c75d6eef73f8517221.png

My dear, dude. Still you that don´t have a clue, and that makes you own the ill behavior. Now Mr. Amateur, please go on with all the other non existent errors, or forever hold you pie hole shut.

Happy to do so 😊 One by one...simply explained.

First: Anyone can install Windows on a device for it to begin the OOBE when you start up. Nothing to do with "reputable shop". I can set it up with a US$2 product key. 

Following that, this statement is meaningless 

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Then you can be pretty sure that you bought a computer with a so called hard disk license.

Plus:

Hard disk licence is a term totally made up by yourself and is wholly inaccurate. The licence is invariably tied to the MOTHERBOARD, whether by product key or OEM.

That's just your first paragraph. Then you continued in the same vein in each and every of the following paragraphs.

But since most here don't know, they assumed that you know what you are talking about. For anyone who actually does, it's a painful read. Outdated, misleading and inaccurate.

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

What in the world are you on about. I have been working with and installing windows since Win 3.11 and 3.12 Workstation. Also setting up servers with NT and version after that. Still working with Windows. As you can see, below OOBE is a part of the installation process, which then easily explained makes it an installation file as the setup is not completed.
image.png.a1603c94d0e4e7c75d6eef73f8517221.png

My dear, dude. Still you that don´t have a clue, and that makes you own the ill behavior. Now Mr. Amateur, please go on with all the other non existent errors, or forever hold you pie hole shut.

I always smile when I read comments with regard to their experience. Setting up Windows 3.1 etc 😊

But yet, with all that experience, you referred to a hard disk licence 😊 Something that did not ever exist.

Come over to MDL and talk to me there 😊 We could do with a laugh and both see who is the amateur.

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Nah, if you buy a computer at a reputable shop, and it has an installation file on the hard disk that automatically install when you start the computer for the first time. Then you can be pretty sure that you bought a computer with a so called hard disk license. Something that mean your windows is genuine and activated for that computer. Such Windows will also update as it should.

It you buy a real license, you will also be able to activate a downloaded version of Windows with that license. Also in this case the activation is legal and it will update.

If you buy a computer from a non-reputable shop, example the small shops with new and second hand in Pantip etc., then they will probably give you an illegal installation of Windows. Usually it will show after 90-180 days, when the usually used KMS method stops working, and you will then get the message that your Windows is not activated. Many of the versions they use, are also downloaded pirated systems. Something that almost always means they are infected with trojans, sniffers and malware.

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Other not legal ways to activate Windows are MAS (Microsoft Activation Scripts) using ohook or HWID methods. But, that is not something that I will be allowed to continue give information on how it works on this forum

I'm particularly tickled by your last paragraph 😊 That information is already provided in the video. Another reason why people have attached confused and laughing emoticon to your post. I didn't even bother with that. You obviously posted without watching the video.

4 hours ago, NowNow said:

Happy to do so 😊 One by one...simply explained.

First: Anyone can install Windows on a device for it to begin the OOBE when you start up. Nothing to do with "reputable shop". I can set it up with a US$2 product key. 

Following that, this statement is meaningless 

Plus:

Hard disk licence is a term totally made up by yourself and is wholly inaccurate. The licence is invariably tied to the MOTHERBOARD, whether by product key or OEM.

That's just your first paragraph. Then you continued in the same vein in each and every of the following paragraphs.

But since most here don't know, they assumed that you know what you are talking about. For anyone who actually does, it's a painful read. Outdated, misleading and inaccurate.

Ok hard disk license is not anything I´ve made up. Many used that expression when digital licenses started. However, you might be right it is outdated, sure. The question though, is what relevance that has to the normal user. You and I know the digital license is tied to the mother board, bad what good does that do to the regular user? It all refers to a digital license. Here you are starting to sound like the visa section in this forum. Everything must have the professional and exact wording. Still the meaning is the same to the normal user.

I always smile when I read comments with regard to their experience. Setting up Windows 3.1 etc 😊

But yet, with all that experience, you referred to a hard disk licence 😊 Something that did not ever exist.

Come over to MDL and talk to me there 😊 We could do with a laugh and both see who is the amateur.

Just explained that above. Maybe you should think about making one post of the same info instead of two. 🤣🤣

I'm particularly tickled by your last paragraph 😊 That information is already provided in the video. Another reason why people have attached confused and laughing emoticon to your post. I didn't even bother with that. You obviously posted without watching the video.

That was just irrelevant extra information. No, I watched the video, but I know many here do not, so that why added. Nothing in my post is misleading to the regular user, and was pointed at the regular user. If you want to talk technical, perfect terminology and science regarding both computers and software, you are in the wrong forum. I could do it with you, but it would be a waste of time, as you would never reach out of the minimalistic sandbox you are stuck in.

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok hard disk license is not anything I´ve made up. Many used that expression when digital licenses started. However, you might be right it is outdated, sure. The question though, is what relevance that has to the normal user. You and I know the digital license is tied to the mother board, bad what good does that do to the regular user? It all refers to a digital license. Here you are starting to sound like the visa section in this forum. Everything must have the professional and exact wording. Still the meaning is the same to the normal user.

Just explained that above. Maybe you should think about making one post of the same info instead of two. 🤣🤣

That was just irrelevant extra information. No, I watched the video, but I know many here do not, so that why added. Nothing in my post is misleading to the regular user, and was pointed at the regular user. If you want to talk technical, perfect terminology and science regarding both computers and software, you are in the wrong forum. I could do it with you, but it would be a waste of time, as you would never reach out of the minimalistic sandbox you are stuck in.

NO ONE used 'hard disk licence' 😊 Find me even a single reference to such a thing.

I was still laughing at 'hard disk licence' from someone who claimed to be an expert and who tried to roundly abuse me as an amateur. I note that you ignored my invitation to MDL to put that notion to bed.

Remember that you ASKED why people were downvoting your post. I answered, suggesting possible reasons why. Then you lost your rag about it, as I suggested that you would.

May I suggest that if you don't like hearing the truth, perhaps you should refrain from asking for it?

"Minimalistic sandbox"? Again, you are attempting to deflect and insult. Why?

As to "technical, perfect terminology"...no. You haven't ever seen me do that. If I ever put together a guide for someone, it will be in words that anyone can understand, but accurate and not misleading.

Your post was full of holes and 'irrelevant extra information'. That's the truth. No argument nor intention to insult. I would not have posted at all, if you didn't ask why people were downvoting.

I just tell the truth. Some people don't like that. There is no bickering here. Just men discussing a subject. Asked and answered.

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

NO ONE used 'hard disk licence' 😊 Find me even a single reference to such a thing.

I was still laughing at 'hard disk licence' from someone who claimed to be an expert and who tried to roundly abuse me as an amateur. I note that you ignored my invitation to MDL to put that notion to bed.

Remember that you ASKED why people were downvoting your post. I answered, suggesting possible reasons why. Then you lost your rag about it, as I suggested that you would.

May I suggest that if you don't like hearing the truth, perhaps you should refrain from asking for it?

"Minimalistic sandbox"? Again, you are attempting to deflect and insult. Why?

As to "technical, perfect terminology"...no. You haven't ever seen me do that. If I ever put together a guide for someone, it will be in words that anyone can understand, but accurate and not misleading.

Your post was full of holes and 'irrelevant extra information'. That's the truth. No argument nor intention to insult. I would not have posted at all, if you didn't ask why people were downvoting.

I just tell the truth. Some people don't like that. There is no bickering here. Just men discussing a subject. Asked and answered.

It was not misleading at all. Just explained in different words than you are doing.

21 hours ago, BigStar said:

Cluelessness. With the online method, PS runs about 350k lines of script transparently downloaded from a server into RAM, though the script can also be downloaded to disk and run from there.

It appears that only luck has saved your system from being rooted, encrypted, and held for ransom.

Explain please, the script is available on GitHub for anybody to download, and if you read it, it uses only commands supplied with Windows. But maybe you are not versed with shell commands...

And if you could be bothered to visit the website (massgrave.dev) they explain how the script and activation works.

"The IRM command in PowerShell downloads a script from a specified URL, and the IEX command executes it."

Paranoia rules OK with you, it seems.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Sure, it works for you, and we get to hear and read about it at minimum on a weekly basis. Are you paid to promote something that are totally backwards, includes knowledge of code to totally understand as well as have limited compatibility with available software?

I don't know from what MS stone you crawled under Gottfrid, but you should get yourself educated. Linux kernel is far more advanced than Windows equivalent, and doesn't BSOD just because I happen to pass some air.

And I just wonder what you mean by "available software"? You can do anything on a Linux distro, and more, than you can do on Windows. Especially in the commercial sector. And were you aware that it's Linux kernel that drives the worlds largest super computers?

I will agree that Linux is not for everybody, but even those using a tablet or an Android smartphone, use Linux, without knowing it.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I don't know from what MS stone you crawled under Gottfrid, but you should get yourself educated. Linux kernel is far more advanced than Windows equivalent, and doesn't BSOD just because I happen to pass some air.

And I just wonder what you mean by "available software"? You can do anything on a Linux distro, and more, than you can do on Windows. Especially in the commercial sector. And were you aware that it's Linux kernel that drives the worlds largest super computers?

I will agree that Linux is not for everybody, but even those using a tablet or an Android smartphone, use Linux, without knowing it.

Yes, In another thread today, I talked about Android being based on Linux. That´s just common knowledge.

Of course it drives large super computers, as they also work as servers connected to the net. Never said Linux is not the best choice for the web. However, you will hit a snag when you come to all that has to do with secure financial transactions. All reliable systems regarding that are built on Visual Basic as well as driven by Windows servers.

After that, there is nothing wrong with my education. 

Edited by Gottfrid

8 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, In another thread today, I talked about Android being based on Linux. That´s just common knowledge.

Of course it drives large super computers, as they also work as servers connected to the net. Never said Linux is not the best choice for the web. However, you will hit a snag when you come to all that has to do with secure financial transactions. All reliable systems regarding that are built on Visual Basic as well as driven by Windows servers.

Hahahaha!!! Wrong again Gottfrid. They all run on large IBM mainframes, like Z/15, with IBM z/OS as the operating system and are written in COBOL. There is nothing "secure" about Windows servers. On the contrary...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Hahahaha!!! Wrong again Gottfrid. They all run on large IBM mainframes, like Z/15, with IBM z/OS as the operating system and are written in COBOL. There is nothing "secure" about Windows servers. On the contrary...

In your world maybe they do. Just check the software in an ATM machine.

Just now, Gottfrid said:

In your world maybe they do. Just check the software in an ATM machine.

An ATM machine is nothing more than an end terminal, not the application. The security of the transaction is assured by the network protocols.

And some of the ATM's actually still run IBM OS/2, and never BSOD.

CrowdStrike anybody?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

Explain please, the script is available on GitHub for anybody to download, and if you read it, it uses only commands supplied with Windows. But maybe you are not versed with shell commands...

And I noted that you can download the script, did I not?

Yup, that's what a script IS, a series of commands to be run by the command processor, in this case PS. Of course, PS can run quite a lot of commands, some of which can be quite destructive, not just those lil' ol' harmless, useful commands to illegally activate Windows. Maybe you're not well-versed on shell commands. 

And if you could be bothered to visit the website (massgrave.dev) they explain how the script and activation works.

How it works to activate Windows, exactly, isn't the assertion to which I replied and wasn't under discussion.

Blindly accepting the word of an anonymous website about what 9000 lines of code are going to do to your computer is quite naive, BTW. Fall for many phishing scams?

Enough with the straw man argument and guru posturing.

"The IRM command in PowerShell downloads a script from a specified URL, and the IEX command executes it."

Paranoia rules OK with you, it seems

But, you see, 

On 9/6/2024 at 4:48 PM, steven100 said:

There's no download of any third party script.  

Which I corrected, and you agree with, DUH.

Stupidity rules with you, it seems. I trust that's all out of the way now.

Edited by BigStar

1 minute ago, SpaceKadet said:

An ATM machine is nothing more than an end terminal, not the application. The security of the transaction is assured by the network protocols.

And some of the ATM's actually still run IBM OS/2, and never BSOD.

CrowdStrike anybody?

You can say what you want. I have been working developing financial transaction systems, and have been given guidelines from the banks and card issuing companies that it needed to be based on a Windows server written in Visual Basic. Also same with loan websites regarding the application process as well as the transaction part. 

29 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Forgot to add to my previous reply, I meant the real Heavy Metal, the machines that run 1,000+ PFlops/s (that's Peta FLOPS).

And they are not connected to the internet and do not run commercial software. They are quietly running calculating folding proteins, simulating nuclear explosions to picoseconds, and other such everyday mundane things for the betterment of human civilization.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Forgot to add to my previous reply, I meant the real Heavy Metal, the machines that run 1,000+ PFlops/s (that's Peta FLOPS).

And they are not connected to the internet and do not run commercial software. They are quietly running calculating folding proteins, simulating nuclear explosions to picoseconds, and other such everyday mundane things for the betterment of human civilization.

Was that your way to say you are wrong about the original subject.

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Was that your way to say you are wrong about the original subject.

No, but you're wrong assuming that Super Computers run as Internet servers for financial transactions.

• Agree 1

Just now, SpaceKadet said:

No, but you're wrong assuming that Super Computers run as Internet servers for financial transactions.

Was it me starting talking about super computers? I was talking about secure servers for bank and financial transactions.

• Thumbs Up 1

They are quietly running calculating folding proteins, simulating nuclear explosions to picoseconds, and other such everyday mundane things for the betterment of human civilization.

This must be a genius comment from you. The ending is extra good, and you seem to have fallen for the concept.

The reality, is that the world, economy and risks for war as well as active wars and people are treating the world worse than ever. The world have not been in a worse shape ever, than it is now, seen to environment, hostile acts and more.....

See how much your talk about what super computers do and help civilization. The fact is, that the shape of our world and the people was much better before the things you are talking about was even introduced.

After that, it was still not me changing and starting talking about other things and super computers when lost the discussion. That was you. Good on you.

It was not misleading at all. Just explained in different words than you are doing.

One of the last things you mentioned in that post was HWID activation. That IS the basis of a digital licence. You alluded that you knew all about HWID activation, but instead you wrote about a 'hard disk licence'. 

A novice could go around repeating that and no one would understand them. That is misleading. I really haven't bothered to tackle your other paragraphs.

Point being...if you are going to pontificate, make sure that you've got it right in the first place.

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

One of the last things you mentioned in that post was HWID activation. That IS the basis of a digital licence. You alluded that you knew all about HWID activation, but instead you wrote about a 'hard disk licence'. 

A novice could go around repeating that and no one would understand them. That is misleading. I really haven't bothered to tackle your other paragraphs.

Point being...if you are going to pontificate, make sure that you've got it right in the first place.

Point being....this takes too much time.  Another point being.... that you change to different things all the time. Last point being....take a beer

1 hour ago, topt said:

For a Saturday night I found this "exchange" of views highly amusing.....

Buddha help us if there is a serious question :cheesy::1zgarz5:

Just wait for it....... Wait for it.....Here it comes........Are you going to have a nice weekend?

9 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Just wait for it....... Wait for it.....Here it comes........Are you going to have a nice weekend?

I don't know what timezone you think you are in but my weekend is definitely beyond the half way point and so far has been good thanks :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, topt said:

I don't know what timezone you think you are in but my weekend is definitely beyond the half way point and so far has been good thanks :thumbsup:

Fantastic. I am in Thailand, so 23.08

Been for the last 20+ years, so it will soon be Sunday

Edited by Gottfrid

Point being....this takes too much time.  Another point being.... that you change to different things all the time. Last point being....take a beer

No @Gottfrid, you KNOW that the ONLY that I am discussing with you, is the post in which you asked why people were laughing it. 

I think we both understand that it is subpar. Why not just accept that it wasn't your best work and move on? Why all this wriggling?

I don't drink alcohol. Nasty stuff. Obviously affects the brain.

6 hours ago, NowNow said:

No @Gottfrid, you KNOW that the ONLY that I am discussing with you, is the post in which you asked why people were laughing it. 

I think we both understand that it is subpar. Why not just accept that it wasn't your best work and move on? Why all this wriggling?

I don't drink alcohol. Nasty stuff. Obviously affects the brain.

Good for you. Now go drink a milk instead. Happy Sunday!

Anyway, back to information that might actually be helpful to those perusing the thread.

Contrary to the assertions of a particular member, the Windows 10/11 digital licence is stored on Microsoft servers and is not nor has ever been connected to your storage drives/hard disks. 

It is based on IDing your device through six different criteria (that can be found by querying the System Information application on your device). None of which include your hard disk/storage drive. So you can change your storage drive a million times and it will still activate automatically when you connect to the Internet.

As long as the Windows edition(Home, Pro etc), motherboard and CPU remain the same, the activation should remain intact.

What happens is that when you connect to the Internet, the activation servers check for a Hardware ID that has been previously activated. If so, it passes. 

What hasn't been mentioned within this thread, is that when you have a Digital Licence, it should work interchangeably for both Windows 10 and Windows 11.  In other words, if you have a Digital Licence for Windows 10 Pro, you can clean install Windows 11 Pro and it will activate. You should also be able to dual boot both Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 Pro on the same device.

In addition, you change change the language and architecture. In other words, if you have Windows 10 Home 32 bit (Thai) activated with a Digital Licence, you can install Windows 10/11 64-bit (English) and it will activate.

I hope this is a clear and concise explanation of Windows 10/11 Digital licencing.