Phuket Doctor to Appeal After Swiss Man Acquitted in Assault Case

webfact

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

but he is also a foreigner !       Do you not think that the "Dr" or her father have access to money and high powered friends?

There was no evidence of any assault on that video,  He was rightly aquitted, end of story.    

May be so, BUT why did he and his wife offer apologies to the doctor for their actions (reference)

PHUKET – Regarding the case, which made headlines in Thailand, Mr. Fehr, 45, a Swiss citizen who was accused of assaulting a Thai female doctor with a kick, gave a press conference with his Thai wife, Mrs. Sai, at Phuket City Hall on March 1, 2024.

They apologised for what they did to Ms.Tharndao Jandam, also known as “Dr.Pai,” a 26-year-old Thai doctor based in Phuket, after she filed a complaint against a Swiss man for allegedly kicking her in the back ...

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/01/the-swiss-man-in-phuket-finally-apologises-to-thai-doctor/

17 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Well in a country that that has a conviction rate in the courts of around  98%  and  has a healthy dislike of foreigners ,  and where doctors and other elites enjoy an almost god like status , It is, in my opinion, conclusive proof of his innocence due to lack of eveidence.   If they could have convicted him they would have done without hesitation,, the fact that they did not is very telling  (to all but those of limited intelligence)

Any one that dare disagree with your superior knowledge are of limited intelligence?

Pray tell us of inferior intelligence to yourself my Lord where you accrued such vast wisdom you quote a 98% conviction rate?

I still say if someone shouts "uck "off uck off thud a reasonable person would assume that angry person was not in the process of asking politely if the 2 ladies would move off a position they were legally entitled to be 

Even if the steps were legal which they were not swiss dave has a superiority complex you and him are well suited

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I read an article from a swiss newspaper quoting he was bored with life in Switzerland ( understandable) @ 35 he left to live in Thailand ( previously he worked in security) wife from issaan blah blah but always loved elephants moved to phuket used all his savings to rent 40.000 acres in 2019 for elephants sanctuary very good timing?

Must have done very well to survive covid.

Goes on to mention on Dec  25th altercation with ambulance and lots of hints that it is a big fraud pushing for donations for his " sanctuary " I think he needs to cut up his t shirt and put them on cards to sell to his supporters bday Prang will buy

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

Any one that dare disagree with your superior knowledge are of limited intelligence?

Pray tell us of inferior intelligence to yourself my Lord where you accrued such vast wisdom you quote a 98% conviction rate?

I still say if someone shouts "uck "off uck off thud a reasonable person would assume that angry person was not in the process of asking politely if the 2 ladies would move off a position they were legally entitled to be 

Even if the steps were legal which they were not swiss dave has a superiority complex you and him are well suited

You can check out the conviction rate yourself if you don't believe  me.   The court decided that there was insufficient evidence of an assault, No need for any sort of "superior intelligence" on my part , just the ability to read,   Your personal dislike of the swiss guy is totally  irrelevant.  He was not on trial for being arrogant or having a superiority complex, which in case you didn't realise are not criminal offences 

Now you can return to virtue signalling to the other intellectually challenged members of the TVF "hang em high" lynch mob and wait for the next expat to step out of line

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

I read an article from a swiss newspaper quoting he was bored with life in Switzerland ( understandable) @ 35 he left to live in Thailand ( previously he worked in security) wife from issaan blah blah but always loved elephants moved to phuket used all his savings to rent 40.000 acres in 2019 for elephants sanctuary very good timing?

Must have done very well to survive covid.

Goes on to mention on Dec  25th altercation with ambulance and lots of hints that it is a big fraud pushing for donations for his " sanctuary " I think he needs to cut up his t shirt and put them on cards to sell to his supporters bday Prang will buy

You seriously need to get over yourself, and consider accepting the decision of the court.   

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Because he did kick her in the back.

I agree that it isn't visible in the video (out of camera view), but from the sound you can clearly hear the hit

So you would have the court convict him on the basis of an unexplained sound despite there being zero evidence of an assault ?

Unbeleiveable, !!

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

May be so, BUT why did he and his wife offer apologies to the doctor for their actions (reference)

Not unheard of for people to admit to things they have not done ,  normally under pressure from the police, who will have told him that they have him "bang to rights" and  its the only way to reduce the inevitable sentence

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/6/2024 at 12:14 PM, hotchilli said:

She may not have, but others are more easily bought off...

I'm sure Swiss has been making some donations to certain entities.

Are you suggesting he was able to bribe the court ?     

• Confused 1

She can appeal as much as she likes,   Unless new evidence emerges nothing will change,   Presonally I am delighted that justice has been served.  One in the face for the jumped up wannabe elites, and one in the face for the sanctimonious virtue signallers who frequent this forum.   Happy days indeed

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/9/2024 at 10:05 AM, Bday Prang said:

Not unheard of for people to admit to things they have not done ,  normally under pressure from the police, who will have told him that they have him "bang to rights" and  its the only way to reduce the inevitable sentence

Happens every day. This part of the negotiations regularly occurs between the counterparts and with the police. To get an agreement, before an incident goes to court at all. In this "cooked up" case not possible anymore.

And obviously not, when "Doctors" or other so-called "Hisos" are involved.

I'd like to know about the momentum of any artificial "outrage" if the "victim" had been a "Somtam" beach vendor?!

Edited by Maitdjai
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 12:48 PM, Burma Bill said:

PHUKET – Regarding the case, which made headlines in Thailand, Mr. Fehr, 45, a Swiss citizen who was accused of assaulting a Thai female doctor with a kick, gave a press conference with his Thai wife, Mrs. Sai, at Phuket City Hall on March 1, 2024.

They apologized for what they did to Ms.Tharndao Jandam, also known as “Dr.Pai,” a 26-year-old Thai doctor based in Phuket, after she filed a complaint against a Swiss man for allegedly kicking her in the back ...

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/01/the-swiss-man-in-phuket-finally-apologises-to-thai-doctor/

Apologizing for the rude behavior is one thing.

Evidence for the alleged "physical" assault is a different thing.

The video failed as evidence, 

the court determined.

Case closed for this part.

• Love It 1