Forgot to cancel my non-b visa extension

hello everyone! i have been working in thailand for almost 4 years with the same school. I usually renew and extend my visa every 30th of November. I resigned from my job last feb 26, 2024, flew to another country on the 27th. and school canceled my work permit on the 27th as well, because feb 26 was a holiday. I came back to thailand after a week on tourist visa, and stayed here on tourist visa for a while to stay with my husband as he works here as a teacher. I now found a job, but I will start working on November, so the school said they will process my non b visa documents after 2 or 3 months. I am worried about my non b visa extension that was not canceled. I brought the paper work from labor office last week that my work permit was canceled last february 2024, but immigration won't accept it and dont like to cancel my non b visa extension which is supposed to expire on the 30th of november. they talked to the former school I worked for and my the school told me thay dont want anything and they don't want to cancel. They just sent me away without telling me what is the solution. I wasnt aware of this as I thought once your wp is cancled then everything is canceled. anyone experienced this? I am just worried I might not be able to obtain a non b visa or extension, I dont know if the officer was just in a bad mood that day. please help 🙁

• Haha 1

When you obtained your work extension, you signed a document that said you would notify immigration if your situation changed.  You stopped working, and you failed to notify immigration.  This can prevent you both from getting a new long-term visa or long-term extension until it is cancelled.  Likely that will involve paying a fine of 500 baht per day up to a maximum of 20,000 baht.  You will need to find out how to cancel it with the immigration office.  Even going past November won't make a difference, because you still failed to meet the terms you previously agreed to.  You need to find out from immigration what they want to cancel your old extension, and then try to get that.  

• Confused 1

you already left thailand and it cancels your NON-B visa auto. 

work permit wont be a problem because you said old school canceled it already.

1 of the 2 things will happen:

1) immigration will think you left the country without any notification to shool or something like that and will ask to see termination letter from your school

OR

2) you will get your new visa extension without any problem

i would say number 2 has 80-90% chance. 

whatever happens you will learn at the end of the day and do what ever they say :

PS: although i replied i couldnt understand most of your post tbh. 

PS2: labor office may ask you to show tax payment documents.

MANY others have experienced this.  You are far from alone.

You need to show the termination-paperwork from the school.  They just need to write a letter saying "Person (you) stopped working here on Feb 26, 2024," on their letterhead.

The 500 per-day referenced by a post above, is if for days remaining in-country after the termination-date while on your non-B extension-of-stay.  As long as immigration stamped you in on your Tourist Visa (you did not have a re-entry permit for your Non-B extension), the fine could be no more than 500 Baht for 1-day.