Ltd. Partnership

Does anybody have any ideas how much are the set-up fees for Ltd. Partnership incorporation?

My Thai friend was just quoted 24,000THB by his lawyer, but i was under the impression that it was a few thousand baht for this kind of company arrangement. We only paid a little more than this for Co. Ltd incorporation a few years ago.

I was under the impression that it cost a couple thousand baht. Only Thais involved. No WP's or foreigners to be seen on the Partnership, and a registered capital of around 2 or 3 hundred thousand baht?

A quick response would be good so i can talk him out of paying that price!

Have you tried googling. I did, and clicked on the name of a legal company that is familiar to me: Sunbelt Asia. It seems that the total cost depends much on what you want your lawyer to do. Just register the company as such, or also do the tax ID, VAT ID, etc? Figure out exactly what services you need, then ask for a quote. Sunbelt’s site, I saw just now, also has a lot of useful general information on the linked web page about starting a business in Thailand.

--

Maestro

Does anybody have any ideas how much are the set-up fees for Ltd. Partnership incorporation?

My Thai friend was just quoted 24,000THB by his lawyer, but i was under the impression that it was a few thousand baht for this kind of company arrangement. We only paid a little more than this for Co. Ltd incorporation a few years ago.

I was under the impression that it cost a couple thousand baht. Only Thais involved. No WP's or foreigners to be seen on the Partnership, and a registered capital of around 2 or 3 hundred thousand baht?

A quick response would be good so i can talk him out of paying that price!

Our professional fee is 2,500 Baht to form the Limited Partnership. However, they will need a Corp Tax Id which is 3,000 Baht.

If they reach 1,800,000 Baht in gross sales they will need to register for Vat. Our professional fee for this is 3,000 Baht.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

02-642-0213

It would be helpful if Sunbelt would also quote other expenses related to this which Sunbelt usually charges, aside from the 2,500 professional fee.

Such as government fees, traveling/messengerial fees, etc.

For a farang owned company (with work permit), I believe it comes out to something more like 65,000 with Sunbelt.

I may be wrong.

And I'm not sure how it would pan out if it is 100% Thai owned and controlled.

Comments? All in, "net", thanks very much.

Mike

Edited by junkofdavid2

Such as government fees, traveling/messengerial fees, etc.

When I looked at the web page I linked I got the impression that Sunbelt is very transparent about it’s fees and also lists the related government fees. Once you know what you need, get a quote from them tailored to your needs. Compare it with the quote of another trustworthy firm, then make your choice.

I rather like the way ThaiVisa’s sponsors are not pushy in the forums. Imagine if a restaurant as a sponsor, every time somebody asks about a good place to eat, were to post its full menu.

--

Maestro

I also believe that Sunbelt tries it's best to be transparent.

I was just saying that I think that it would be "helpful" to us if Sunbelt would also let us know here how much it would cost (fully) when using their services to put up the "simplest" form of ltd co., either Thai owned or Farang owned with work permit.

Last I checked, it was about 65,000 as a ballpark figure, including work permit, for a farang owned company.

We may say that it isn't fair to Sunbelt to ask Sunbelt to give such an estimate until they know the details and peculiarities of a particular company, but that figure (52,000-65,000) was told to me as a "ballpark" figure when I called up and I simply asked the question of how much it would cost "all in" and not just for the service fee, and I did not have to give any "peculiarities" for any company.

Therefore, we don't have to list down the "whole menu" if it is preferred that they don't... Sunbelt may be able to just give a ballpark figure if they wish.

(Or just continue giving the service fee amount too if they wish. Their choice.)

I have been quite happy with the way Sunbelt does our other legal stuff (work permit, etc.) and you can check my other posts to see that I've strongly recommended Sunbelt to newbies on this forum a number of times with regard to company setup.

I even strongly recommended Sunbelt and "scolded" a newbie who was acting so desperate and in panic about his work permit going wrong, yet seemed to be hard-headed on still using some Thai lawyer-friend of his Thai girlfriend whom I believed to have no experience with Farang permits; as compared to Sunbelt which has done more than 5,000!

Edited by junkofdavid2