Traditional Thai Massage Girl Cracked All My Bones

i told her to concentrate on my back for an hour which she did. after she had me sit down, she did this thing where she turns her forarm into my upper back until you here all these cracks. its was excrutiatingly painful, but she kept insisting that i would appreciate it later. this went on and on, cracking every bone she could manage. its been a few hours and i feel sore, not very good.

has anyone else had this type of massage and if so what do you think about it?

i told her to concentrate on my back for an hour which she did. after she had me sit down, she did this thing where she turns her forarm into my upper back until you here all these cracks. its was excrutiatingly painful, but she kept insisting that i would appreciate it later. this went on and on, cracking every bone she could manage. its been a few hours and i feel sore, not very good.

If she was a bit older, then she probably has done it right, but if young and inexperienced, you can get get sore, depending on your situation. Best to take a long hot bath, if you can find one, or a hot shower on your back . Alway make sure they know what they're doing (right places)

Edited by SamuiJens

Depends on your age :o

she was older. i had a terrible headache last night that i think she might have caused when she spread her elbows between my head and shoulder like some kind of medieval torture.

i understand that thai massage is an ancient tradition. has modern science approved these methods, or are they just being used via tradition?

After going to the dentist some 6 weeks ago, I had a stiff neck from keeping my head in the same position for 1 hour whilst he lasered my teeth. So I went to the massage girl for a bit of neck massage. That girl almost pulled my head off!! It's 6 weeks later and I still cannot turn my head from left to right.....

Should I sue?

Simon

After going to the dentist some 6 weeks ago, I had a stiff neck from keeping my head in the same position for 1 hour whilst he lasered my teeth. So I went to the massage girl for a bit of neck massage. That girl almost pulled my head off!! It's 6 weeks later and I still cannot turn my head from left to right.....

Should I sue?

Simon

The Dentist, of course.

You have to be careful with them, if they are doing something you don't like tell them t stop. Sadly a week at Wat Po (or a copied certificate) isn't much of a qualification when you consider the training and accreditation a western masseuse goes through and for good reason.

Take care, because if they mess you up you will have no come back.

After massage drink plenty of fresh water to fluck all the crap out of your system

she was older. i had a terrible headache last night that i think she might have caused when she spread her elbows between my head and shoulder like some kind of medieval torture.

i understand that thai massage is an ancient tradition. has modern science approved these methods, or are they just being used via tradition?

The cracking you hear is a good sign, how you feel today?A headache is probably from your worry. How old are you and have you had an accident with your back? If you're under 50 and not had any prob. with your back, then you should be fine.

If the problem persists you should go see a chiropractor. Dr. Oat on Sukhumvit 38 is very good. If you have never been to a chiropractic doctor you will be amazed I know I was. How just a subtle miss alignment of a few millimeters can trigger so much discomfort.

The chiropractor I used in the states has a device that measured the heat along your spine. Where there was inflamation the spot was warmer. That was her target finder so she would know where the adjustment was needed. It is amazing how modern technology helps us.

Without going into huge detail, how would you gauge your own fitness?

When some people go from the tourist targeted simple feel good rub staffed by good looking young ladies to a proper Thai massage they can be suprised that a medium/strong massage can hurt. I need a few mediums before I am ready for a strong deep massage, but I have progressed from women to men as they can get deeper into my leg muscles.

You mention you asked her to focus on your back, due to pre-existing pain? Would it not be wise to ask for a gentle massage to loosen up the muscles on one day then take a long hot soak in a bath, then take a second massage the next day. Treatment takes time and is not a a quick fix like picking up a burger. Just a thought.

Good post Cuban, yes it is a good idea to progress and not jump in both feet when it comes to an intense Thai massage. Also the duration in a particular area is key, there is a tipping point where massage becomes aggravation.

Also if you are near water swimming can also help realign your spine. Just do some laps with a stroke that causes your back to flex. With the weight of your body removed the better the chance it will realign quickly. If the water is cold then don’t swim in it. The cold water can have the opposite effect by cramping your muscles.

Can anyone think of a good reason to do that thing they all do called "bpit pradoo" where they stop the blood to the legs by pushing on the major arteries next to the groin.

My guess is it's just a gimmick because it causes a sort of warm rush as the blood flows again.

I always ask them to please not do it.

I got a massage once wear the girl worked on my lower back. I swear she contributed to or caused a serious back problem that I had at that time. Of course, news of people suffering from bad masseuses must be controlled as it would be bad for the economy. We don't want people to loose faith in massage.

Can anyone think of a good reason to do that thing they all do called "bpit pradoo" where they stop the blood to the legs by pushing on the major arteries next to the groin.

My guess is it's just a gimmick because it causes a sort of warm rush as the blood flows again.

I always ask them to please not do it.

Yeah, I don't like that either. I didn't know it was called "close the door" though?

If the problem persists you should go see a chiropractor. Dr. Oat on Sukhumvit 38 is very good. If you have never been to a chiropractic doctor you will be amazed I know I was. How just a subtle miss alignment of a few millimeters can trigger so much discomfort.

The chiropractor I used in the states has a device that measured the heat along your spine. Where there was inflamation the spot was warmer. That was her target finder so she would know where the adjustment was needed. It is amazing how modern technology helps us.

Please do you have a phone number for Dr. Oat the chiropractor on Sukhumvit 38?

• 4 weeks later...