Foreigner Steals Taxi While High on Cannabis, Crashes into Lamp Post

webfact

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

What cost ?

Just curious - what is the 'cost' of people using Marijuana ?

More on the roads having accidents etc ?...  I'd suggest that is minimal, although surely exists - but nowhere to the extent of drink driving or driving while coked up or on Amphetamine etc.

The Yaba users while on motorbikes, mopeds or cars are a nightmare

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I saw a weed shop in Hua Hin soi51 next to a Dr's clinic , the shop was named Overdose, and was advertising premium and lower grades of dope, notice said cant smoke in the shop and no selling to under 20.

I don't think there was THC control on what he was selling by the contents of his dope menu.

So it may be quite easy to get very strong thc dope that can do strange things to people.

Stealing a Taxi was an idiot act, dope wouldn't cause someone to steal a taxi but it still can screw a person up if it's really strong.

What some tourists do here is very crazy they can be crazy and smoke gungha and drink and drive.

Probably why the roads seem much madder now, with locals smoking and driving.

Agreed on the amounts...     There is plenty of very high THC product about.

I've seen Gummies for sale that each have 50mg THC while the norm is about 15mg THC for a Gummy.

... Someone taking a 50mg THC Gummy is going to be smashed - I can't see how anyone could drive after consuming such amounts. 

Equally so, I've seen CBD only vapes (with no or very low THC) which people are using to assist with sleep, though I don't know how effective they are.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

OK... so you're unable to tackle the debate... 

Just own up to lacking the smarts to hold a discussion...    actually, there's no need for such a confession - your comments have already betrayed your lack of mental capacity to debate such topics. 

Quit dribbling Nonsense 

3 minutes ago, novacova said:

How could they ever know being that the first initial act of stupidity is consuming the mind altering substance. 

Personally, I think its a great substance. I also think alcohol is great.

These gummies help me chill out, help with sleep etc...  they have plenty of effective purposes rather than the sole goal of getting smashed. 

As does alcohol, which can help with relaxation, a good beer, whisky, wine tastes great with dinner or after etc, again without the sole goal of getting smashed. 

Both clearly impair driving - there is no doubt about that and 100% proof of that exists. 

IT is the suggestion that someone who is high solely on Marijuana would not take a running taxi, drive it down the road 'could not happen' because Marijuana doesn't make people do that is plain stupid....   

... People do stupid things, they do stupid things while sober - just because someone is high, it doesn't stop them from doing stupid things - as seems to be the suggesting by some.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Not every one reacts the same though. I wish it made me feel as good as other people claim it does for them but that never happened. Maybe he got paranoid and thought someone was following him or something? Seems possible to me.

It's true that some people get paranoid but if that was the case he wouldn't have even considered the idea of stealing a taxi. I've felt the paranoia myself so I can speak from personal experience. I've also been around people in that state. They just go quiet and avoid attention at all costs. This guy was probably already mentally ill or/and pissed up or maybe on the the charlie! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Personally, I think its a great substance. I also think alcohol is great.

These gummies help me chill out, help with sleep etc...  they have plenty of effective purposes rather than the sole goal of getting smashed. 

As does alcohol, which can help with relaxation, a good beer, whisky, wine tastes great with dinner or after etc, again without the sole goal of getting smashed. 

Both clearly impair driving - there is no doubt about that and 100% proof of that exists. 

IT is the suggestion that someone who is high solely on Marijuana would not take a running taxi, drive it down the road 'could not happen' because Marijuana doesn't make people do that is plain stupid....   

... People do stupid things, they do stupid things while sober - just because someone is high, it doesn't stop them from doing stupid things - as seems to be the suggesting by some.

Clear headed is the ultimate high

Just now, wombat said:

One does not rip off a taxi and crash it when one is cannabised.

I think the main point is that this person taking a taxi might have been high or drunk, or both, but smoking weed by itself wouldn't really do this unless the person was already a little "out there", meaning a mentally unfit person. many that are self medicators are suffering from illnesses of the mind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Pattaya - Foreign man, reportedly high on cannabis, stole a taxi that was left running outside a convenience store. He drove only a short distance before crashing into a lamp post, causing severe damage to the vehicle and sustaining minor injuries himself.

On September 12, Deputy Inspector Puttarak Sonkamhan from Pattaya’s Dongtan Police Station was alerted to an accident where a foreigner had crashed a vehicle into a lamp post on Thappraya-Jomtien Road.

At the scene, police found a heavily damaged blue-and-yellow taxi, registration number 721. Behind the wheel was a foreign man, estimated to be between 25-35 years old, visibly intoxicated and wearing only boxer shorts.

The man admitted he had smoked cannabis before the incident.

The taxi driver, Sarayut Panprasong, 37, explained that he had left the vehicle running while he entered the store. He saw the foreigner quickly get into the car and drive off before crashing into a nearby lamp post.

Fortunately, traffic police conducting an alcohol checkpoint nearby intervened and apprehended the suspect.

The foreign man was taken to the Pattaya Police Station to sober up before further questioning and legal proceedings.

Picture courtesy: Daily News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-12

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

He admitted to he took cannabis before his action...So much about Quality Tourists..this country allowed entry...To this Low and Cheap Crap..Seems they never learn anything....

51 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Driving while high on weed is nowhere near as dangerous as driving drunk. I do agree , again, that driving on any substance that can change your reaction time isn't good, but alcohol kills daily, all over the world, and I'm thinking very few have actually died while "just" smoking weed.

Stats are available that highlight since legalisation (or de-legislation) traffic fatalities as result of Maijuana are on the rise in the USA  (according to Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)).

You have said yourself that you partake. Maybe you don't drive while high, which is good because people know themselves better than anyone else. but you surely know you aren't feeling the same way smoking a doobie than having enough drinks to get drunk.

It is personal experience that highlight driving while high (for me) would be as dangerous as driving while drunk. 

A do agree, the 'impact' or 'effects' of Alcohol vs Marijuana consumption differ, regardless of this different effect - impairment occurs from both.

With marijuana use, higher dosages have serious impact such as auditory or visual illusions, pseudo-hallucinations, and ataxia from selective impairment of polysynaptic reflexes (i.e. poor and delayed muscle movement).

In some cases, marijuana use can lead to acute psychosis and dissociative states such as depersonalisation and derealisation.

The idea that - smoking marijuana 'only' leads to 'chilled out smiley people' is flawed.

There of course are all levels again, of being high. Two drinks and most can operate a car, along with smoking a little weed. When you get to 4 or more drinks, then attempt is where trouble starts. If you just smoked a whole doobie by yourself, you would surely be able to drive better, but again, everyone's different.

People have the impression they can drive on 4 beers... probably in the same manner they have the impression they can drive on one joint...   Impairment exists in both cases. 

Additionally - similarities exist (though it depends on the cosumption method - injestion or inhalation).

Both a jount and 4 beers will wear off within a few hours to such a level that driving is no longer impaired (ingestion lasts much longer).

But...  both getting smashed on beer or weed, is going to hammer someone sufficiently that driving is dangerous in both circumstances - I don't think there is a valid argument to suggest its safer to drive under the influence of one than the other when heavily under the influence of either.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

OK - so you can't handle the discussion....   

... the result of marijuana abuse perhaps... :whistling:

IF you think that someone driving while high (on Marijuana) is safe - then you are a fool....  and a dangerous fool if you also drive while high...    As much of a dangerous fool as someone who drives while drunk. 

IF you believe that the 'calming' influence of marijuana is so effective it stops people from doing 'dumb shyit' then that also highlights your intellectual dwarfism.

Please go take some puffs and drool away somewhere my god , we have Adults on this forum  , your the Stoner as you admit it 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Irish star said:

Please go take some puffs and drool away somewhere my god , we have Adults on this forum  , your the Stoner as you admit it 

Firstly, I'm not your god...

Secondly, I don't argue with idiots - if you can't handle the discussion - you are free to ignore it. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Stats are available that highlight since legalisation (or de-legislation) traffic fatalities as result of Maijuana are on the rise in the USA  (according to Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)).

It is personal experience that highlight driving while high (for me) would be as dangerous as driving while drunk. 

A do agree, the 'impact' or 'effects' of Alcohol vs Marijuana consumption differ, regardless of this different effect - impairment occurs from both.

With marijuana use, higher dosages have serious impact such as auditory or visual illusions, pseudo-hallucinations, and ataxia from selective impairment of polysynaptic reflexes (i.e. poor and delayed muscle movement).

In some cases, marijuana use can lead to acute psychosis and dissociative states such as depersonalisation and derealisation.

The idea that - smoking marijuana 'only' leads to 'chilled out smiley people' is flawed.

People have the impression they can drive on 4 beers... probably in the same manner they have the impression they can drive on one joint...   Impairment exists in both cases. 

Additionally - similarities exist (though it depends on the cosumption method - injestion or inhalation).

Both a jount and 4 beers will wear off within a few hours to such a level that driving is no longer impaired (ingestion lasts much longer).

But...  both getting smashed on beer or weed, is going to hammer someone sufficiently that driving is dangerous in both circumstances - I don't think there is a valid argument to suggest its safer to drive under the influence of one than the other when heavily under the influence of either.

Show us your credentials Dr.Smith , I smoke 2x a week because I feel overwhelmed lol

1 minute ago, Furioso said:

If the guy was high on weed he probably would've sat in the taxi and waited for the owner/operator to return from the convenience store and ask "where's the munchies dude?!). 

I'm not sure if he (the foreigner who stole and crashed the taxi) was in the vehicle already (as a passenger)...  OR, was passing by and saw the running taxi and decided to go for a joy ride....   

Could have been either, though I assumed the latter as the the quote below states 'saw the foreigner quickly get into the car and drive off'....

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The taxi driver, Sarayut Panprasong, 37, explained that he had left the vehicle running while he entered the store. He saw the foreigner quickly get into the car and drive off before crashing into a nearby lamp post.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1