Can you do 90 day notification by mail, say, 10-12 days before the deadline?

90 day notification by mail question:
I know that by rule, you have to do 90 day notification by mail 15 days before the deadline. However, can you do it, say 10-12 days before the deadline? What has been your experience about doing it by mail?

I tried doing it online a few days ago and got rejected because "you have to do your first 90 day notification by mail or person". I'm sure this rule has surprised other people as well :S If I had known about this, I would have done by mail from the very beginning.

You can, but will it get approved and or, receive your notice that it was approved in time, 

Was done though, online is so easy, and they seemed to sorted it out.  Hasn't crashed in quite some time.   Did mine the other day online, and got approved the next day.   That was pretty impressive, and a first, as usually takes up to a week.

33 minutes ago, drak3 said:

. However, can you do it, say 10-12 days before the deadline? What has been your experience about doing it by mail?

I have done it by mail about 12 days prior to due date.

It was approved (CW) and a note to do it 15 days prior next time in return mail along with TM47 receipt. 

Since then have stuck with the 15.