Hybrid vs Turbo petrol new car choice.

1 hour ago, Jitar said:

The price of the type R in Thailand is probably the best reason not to get it.  

May be a good idea to be careful with tuning the 1.5 turbo.  They are pretty highly stressed from factory and in the past, some of these engines have had issues with head gaskets, oil dilution and carbon build up.  Hopefully Honda has resolved these problems for the current versions. 

The issue with tuning these engines is the gearbox, it's the weak link, it won't stand a huge hike in power, I would do some research to find what the experts think is the limit.

On 9/14/2024 at 6:28 PM, kwak250 said:

Might look into that.
What is the cost do you know?

I did research on tuning options and its like you can reflash stock ECU which is cheaper but there are limits to it what you can do. 15 000 reflash, its still good especially for old cars, its like you get new car.

Or you can use separate box which is more pro and racing cars use, it gives much more options, like ajust engine fan speed, turbo anti lag, etc and its like 35 000 for a box.

By doing my little research I learned that Thailand got very good tuners, and this GT module is thai made, and its one of world best, there is famous Hondata box USA made, but thais made it better. There is many tuning garages in Bangkok but I take car direct to GT Tune box manufacturer. Also they made some crazy Civic its fastest in Thailand and high in the world. So they know what they doing. Thais tune Hondas to like 360+hp but it needs more parts and higher cost, basic tuning is safe and quite powerfull with GT Tune box alone. 220hp

photo_2024-09-20_12-43-51.jpg

Edited by Pattaya420