Looking For Live-in-maid

rono

The way to overcome this is to pay them well (by their standards) and take 50% of the income and force it into a savings account. They will be under the impresison that they will loose this money if they leave and will stay put. Then once every 6 or 12 months, give them 50% of what is in the Bank savings account. This will build a relationship so tight that you cannot imagine. Worked for me!

The way to overcome this is to pay them well (by their standards) and take 50% of the income and force it into a savings account. They will be under the impresison that they will loose this money if they leave and will stay put. Then once every 6 or 12 months, give them 50% of what is in the Bank savings account. This will build a relationship so tight that you cannot imagine. Worked for me!

I witheld 500 baht from the last one, guess it wasn't enough. I guess I pay them well, they even have a free meal and we are not bossy, they can sit down, have a chat with us...The salary we paid was more than the local standard but we heard that people in this area just work a few weeks or months and then take a leave for a time...when money is gone they borrow or start to look for a job again.

how much do you pay them?

There is a real network of Burmese ladies around the country. They are excellent housemaids and their main concern is getting a visa to stay on in Thailand. if you help them with that you are on a winner and they will stay forever. My friends in Bkk have had their housemaid for a long time. my wife and i stay at their place when in BKK and this lady is great. Good cook, keeps the house immaculate. laundry and ironing good etc. She lives in and looks after the dogs when they are away and waters the garden.

Maybe someone on the forum knows how to tap into this network up country.

There is a real network of Burmese ladies around the country. They are excellent housemaids and their main concern is getting a visa to stay on in Thailand. if you help them with that you are on a winner and they will stay forever. My friends in Bkk have had their housemaid for a long time. my wife and i stay at their place when in BKK and this lady is great. Good cook, keeps the house immaculate. laundry and ironing good etc. She lives in and looks after the dogs when they are away and waters the garden.

I know, I had a maid from Laos last year and she was really good, she had to go back to her country because her husband had left the kid behind in their village and had left for another lady.

Hope someone on this forum can advise me how to get a Burmese.

rono

I know, I had a maid from Laos last year and she was really good, she had to go back to her country because her husband had left the kid behind in their village and had left for another lady.

Hope someone on this forum can advise me how to get a Burmese.

rono

They just hated working for you and run away with excuses. <deleted> knows the other side of the story.