American Football

Porky

Go Broncos!! :D:o:D

Elway is God. 'nuff said.

Elway WAS God (to you). Brady IS God now (to me, anyway).

Well, I guess I'm just showing my age. Then again, I was there when Craig Morton led the Broncos to their first superbowl. Regarding Brady, even though a great champion, I'm afraid he'll just be a footnote to Manning in the end.

Anyone who has won three Super Bowls as the starting quarterback will never be a footnote Chinthee. I think Manning will break just about every passing record in the books before he is through.

Well, I guess I'm just showing my age. Then again, I was there when Craig Morton led the Broncos to their first superbowl. Regarding Brady, even though a great champion, I'm afraid he'll just be a footnote to Manning in the end.

Well, we'll wait till Manning wins two more SB's. I'm biased, of course, but do you think Manning would have made the playoffs even, given Brady's team (esp. WR's) last year? I'm expecting at least 4k yards from him with the crew he this year. If Maroney holds up physically, the SB is Tom's to lose, which he really sucks at! :D

Well I used to hate Elway (really ONLY because the Pats NEVER beat him!) I was rooting for him to win that SB against the Pack, enjoyed it a lot. I'm 40 and I can remember (I think) Morton and the Orange Crush, right? Rooted for them against the Cowboys, wasn't it? I would think everybody outside of TX was for Denver in that one, Dallas being insufferable (that America's Team BS!) football-wise then.

Well, we'll wait till Manning wins two more SB's. I'm biased, of course, but do you think Manning would have made the playoffs even, given Brady's team (esp. WR's) last year? I'm expecting at least 4k yards from him with the crew he this year. If Maroney holds up physically, the SB is Tom's to lose, which he really sucks at! :D

Well I used to hate Elway (really ONLY because the Pats NEVER beat him!) I was rooting for him to win that SB against the Pack, enjoyed it a lot. I'm 40 and I can remember (I think) Morton and the Orange Crush, right? Rooted for them against the Cowboys, wasn't it? I would think everybody outside of TX was for Denver in that one, Dallas being insufferable (that America's Team BS!) football-wise then.

Ok Bro, I'm with you and kudos for remembering the Orange crush, best defense ever. No, Cowboys won that one. Hey, who can't love any sports team that comes out of Boston! Larry Byrd, and so many greats. And, so much suffering with the Red Sox. Ok, we'll wait to see where Brady ends up, but I suspect it's in the hall of fame too.

Edited by chinthee

Ok Bro, I'm with you and kudos for remembering the Orange crush, best defense ever. No, Cowboys won that one. Hey, who can't love any sports team that comes out of Boston! Larry Bird, and so many greats. Ok, we'll wait to see where Brady ends up, but I suspect it's in the hall of fame too.

My Super Bowl bar (and friendly schedule bar, who let me watch the odd Pats game) , True Blue in Chiang Mai, has disappeared! I might have to pay up and get UBC installed!

I guess many of you have heard about the Michael Vick situation. For those of you who don't get American sports news here, Michael Vick was the high-profile quarterback of the Atlanta Falcons. Considered one of the best athletes in the NFL, Vick was arrested a couple of months ago for financing an interstate dog fighting ring. The ring was run out of one of Vick's homes in Virginia. Apparently they were running about 30 dogs out of the Virginia address. If a dog didn't fight well, they would kill the dog. Vicious stuff. It now turns out that three of the people who were involved in the dog fighting ring with Vick have pleaded guilty and will now testify against Vick. Not surprisingly, Vick's attorneys are now talking to the U.S. Department of Justice to try to negotiate a plea deal for Vick. It looks like his football career is over. Incredible stupidity.