Does The Weather Get Better In October?

radioguy1450

Average temp in BKK in Aug is about 28C and in October about 27C so virtually no change. Statistically not much change in the rainfall as Aug is 187mm and October 230mm however in November it drops to 57mm which is why the tourist season really begins in November and continues through February.

Not even the best weather forecaster can help you mate. However, traditionally the rainy (wet) season in Thailand ends during the mid- to late-October time frame. Will it be hot? Yes. Will it be unbearably hot? Well that depends on your definition of "unbearably".

If you want cool and dry weather, then the best time to visit Thailand is December - (early) March.

During October, then temps during the day in BKK can reach 90+ degrees (Fahrenheit), but when you tack on the humidity, it can feel a bit warmer. During the cooler parts of the year (Dec-Mar), 80+ but with lower humidity.

This past "winter" was considerably cooler than most in Thailand. I recall during the early morning hours that the temps dipped below 60 degrees in the Korat area. I can imagine that in the north (near CM and vicinity) that the temps were even lower.

Planning a 3 week trip to Bangkok. Could come in late August or wait until October. Will it get any cooler in October? Any less humid? When I lived in Taiwan the weather improved a lot in October--way less humidity.

It's a rainy season and any time without a downpour is a gift.

Hotels in October are on their lowest prices - the least desirable time.

That helps explain how clueless Europeans are able to score "pay 2 stay 3 weeks" holiday "deals" - just to sit out the term in their rooms.

Rainy season "officially" ends with Loy Kratong festival in November.