From marriage extension to retirement: single query.

2 hours ago, proton said:

My office at least still wants to see 800k in the bank 3 months before, people have been refused when they have only 2. I never risk it. 

I guess if people can have that amount in their account for 3 months prior to renewal-time, without difficulty, then it might, in some cases (ie, if there's any doubt about the local IO's consistency of policy & rules)  be advisable to do so, to be on the safe side. 

At least that's my view, even though I realise some simply can't do that, or see no reason to do that or would simply refuse to do that even if they could!

😉

10 minutes ago, Toolong said:

At least that's my view, even though I realise some simply can't do that, or see no reason to do that or would simply refuse to do that even if they could!

You are giving too much credence to a post about one immigration office.

If you state your office you receive definitive advice.

There is approx 80 immigration offices. 

99% of offices require 2 months seasoning prior to application. 

Let's avoid confusion for others.

Read thread I linked earlier

6 hours ago, proton said:

Samut Prakan there was a post on here before by somebody who was refused his extension due to this

Anyone at smaller offices should check for requirements at that office in-advance.  If a big office, with frequent posts here, you are probably ok.

They required 3-mo seasoning (not 2) for a marriage-based extension at an office I used in Issan - and I watched her highlight my bank statement balance going back 3 months. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You are giving too much credence to a post about one immigration office.

If you state your office you receive definitive advice.

There is approx 80 immigration offices. 

99% of offices require 2 months seasoning prior to application. 

Let's avoid confusion for others.

Read thread I linked earlier

Yes, I agree that avoiding confusion is most helpful, DrJack. 

Wasn't my intention to sow any seeds of confusion, but I think my comment reflected my own experience of there always being an element, or vibe, of "you can never be quite sure", when it comes to immigration offices. In recent years my office (Korat) HAS maintained more & more consistency, but I still find myself trying to second-guess how they could, or one individual there could, out of the blue, decide that 'this or that' is the rule that day. Hence my agreement with the idea that if they say, for example, 2 months in bank, I'll put it in for longer, if I can, just in case. 

And by the way, I totally agree with anyone who calls me 'paranoid'. 

But anyway, DrJack, what you say is correct, well-said and is sound advice. 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Toolong said:

. In recent years my office (Korat) HAS maintained more & more consistency, but I still find myself trying to second-guess how they could, or one individual there could, out of the blue, decide that 'this or that' is the rule that day

Indeed. I deal with CW and when my extension is due I tend to read every post relating to extensions at that office.

In recent years they insist on TM47 yet many years I never provided that.

Last two years they wanted me to provide 12 month bank statement etc.

Everyone should be up to date with their immigration office multiple personalities 

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed. I deal with CW and when my extension is due I tend to read every post relating to extensions at that office.

In recent years they insist on TM47 yet many years I never provided that.

Last two years they wanted me to provide 12 month bank statement etc.

Everyone should be up to date with their immigration office multiple personalities 

'Multiple personalities'.  

That's an excellent (even tactfully diplomatic) way of putting it.