90-Day Family Visa Extensions - Questions

Just request a little insight here  -I have a 90 day non-immigrant visa based on marriage, and I would like to extend for one-year via the marriage Visa, but my 90-day visa will run out only 15 days from when the necessary money deposited into a Thai bank account reaches the 60-day deposit mark.

15 days might not be enough to process the one-year extension, but I was wondering if it was possible to extend 60 days to visit family. If so, can I apply for the one-year visa during the 60-day extension? Or will I need a new 90-Day Visa?

(I’m in Nonthaburi BTW)

Obtain 60 day extension to visit wife and in that period apply for 12 months extension 400k in bank for 2 months 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1327691-60-days-extension-to-visit-family-restrictions/ 

Edit: OP, as @Upnotover pointed out you can apply for 12 months extension up till expiry or your current stamp.

Won't edit my post and remove link to thread as others might need the extra time and find it useful

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Obtain 60 day extension to visit wife and in that period apply for 12 months extension 400k in bank for 2 months 

Is there actually any reason why he cant get the annual extension in the last 15 days of his current entry (assuming he's got his 400k together by that time)?

• Agree 1

Just now, Upnotover said:

Is there actually any reason why he cant get the annual extension in the last 15 days of his current entry (assuming he's got his 400k together by that time)?

None at all. 

He can obtain extension up till expiry of his 90 day stamp.

Perhaps I read to quickly. Assumed he needed extra time for the 2 month seasoning.

As you know the "15 days" required is application for non O at immigration office not for extensions 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, TravelingWell said:

I am sorry. I neglected to mention that I heard the processing time for the extension is 30 days.  since I would only have 15 days from when I meet the financial requirement to the expiration of my visa, I did not know if the one-year visa would be processed in time

The 30 days you mention is probably the days after the application when the approval is under consideration/pending.  You can remain in Thailand during that time even though your current 90 day permission has ended.  On the day you apply you will be given a date to return to collect the final approved extension

8 hours ago, TravelingWell said:

I am sorry. I neglected to mention that I heard the processing time for the extension is 30 days.  since I would only have 15 days from when I meet the financial requirement to the expiration of my visa, I did not know if the one-year visa would be processed in time

It is not a one year Visa.

It is a 12 month extension of stay.

You can apply anytime up to the expiry date of your current stay.

Your passport will be stamped with the day you have to return.

Usually 30 days.

• Like 2

Your Non Imm O visa is 'USED'.
You were stamped with a period of stay of 90 days.
Permitted to stay until (date) which is a permit, not a visa.
It is this permitted period of stay that you extend.

You cannot extend the validity of a visa.

If your 400K funds haven't seasoned for the required 2 months, you can apply for a 60 day extension.

Within the last 30 days of that 60 days (funds now seasoned) you can apply for the 1 year extension of stay.

Extensions based on Thai spouse have to be approved by the regional office.
When you submit your application for a 1 year extension you will receive a 30 day under consideration stamp, usually from the date your current permission of stay ends.
Once approved, your 1 year extension will be backdated to the date your 60-day extension expired.
You cannot be on overstay when an extension is waiting for approval.

12 hours ago, TravelingWell said:

I would like to extend for one-year via the marriage Visa, but my 90-day visa will run out only 15 days from when the necessary money deposited into a Thai bank account reaches the 60-day deposit mark.

It is 2 months seasoning is required before the day you "Apply" for the visa, so you are fine.  Once they accept it, you have automatic permitted-stay "under consideration," until they give you the final 1 year stamp.