Tourist visa to China for Australian

I plan to visit Kunming, Yunnan, in a few days and request a visa-on-arrival. I understand that, as an Australian, I can fly to Kunming for a week and request a visa upon arrival. Is this correct? Also, do I need travel insurance or any other supporting documents?

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, harryviking said:

LMAO! Good luck in the land of poison and sewer oil in your food! Who on earth is so "brave" to go to China as a tourist!? 🤣😫🤮

This seems a stupid drunken post.  I'm sure you've been there to make such an assertion, so if there's any truth to it you can post it with evidence to this forum so that others can learn for your experience.  I'm sure we can forward this evidence to the relevant authorities so that they can take action.  You'll perhaps be surprised to know that those relevant authorities are the Chinese Government as they won't want anything to put off potential visitors to their country as the Government gets significant revenue from tourism.  You should also know that if you make such statements about Thailand then you may have broken the Thai National Security Law.

3 hours ago, Mbaki said:

Been there many times and it’s not like that at all.

Totally agree.  Never had an issue, only met normal decent people, with the odd crazy.  Just like visiting any country in the world.  The hardest work I have is being asked to be in so many family photos as most people find it so unusual to meet a foreigner.

5 hours ago, harryviking said:

LMAO! Good luck in the land of poison and sewer oil in your food! Who on earth is so "brave" to go to China as a tourist!? 🤣😫🤮

Yeah....I don't wanna go to Australia either