Billy Eilish's "Birds of a Feather" - is it better than anything by the Beatles?

Cameroni

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea, you have no idea how strong she is. Keep showing your ignorance

She's been molly cuddled all her life by her parents. Her mother still shields her and tells her when to go to bed, her daddy does all the DIY for her. To this day. Her brother writes her music with her.

She's an interesting and original artist, but only thanks to a massive support system she clearly depends on. She does not seem like a strong character.

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

She's been molly cuddled all her life by her parents. Her mother still shields her and tells her when to go to bed, her daddy does all the DIY for her. To this day. Her brother writes her music with her.

She's an interesting and original artist, but only thanks to a massive support system she clearly depends on. She does not seem like a strong character.

I did warn you about your ignorance on her..........:cheesy:

Her tunes are co written with her brother by the way......

On 9/27/2024 at 1:27 PM, Cameroni said:

Birds of a Feather is  undoubtedly the best song that came out this year. The song manages to sound upbeat and sad at the same time, every word is crafted to perfection and the harmonies, what can one say, genius.

Have the Beatles written anything that can compare with this masterpiece by Billy Eilish?

I see what you've done here..... Trying to provoke a reaction by posting something you truly don't believe or you're just being very sarcastic.  Bravo

On 9/27/2024 at 7:27 PM, Cameroni said:

Birds of a Feather is  undoubtedly the best song that came out this year. The song manages to sound upbeat and sad at the same time, every word is crafted to perfection and the harmonies, what can one say, genius.

Have the Beatles written anything that can compare with this masterpiece by Billy Eilish?

Yes.....but how many relationships has she had????.....that is much more salient now she has come out in support of KH

Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 11.36.47.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, paulikens said:

I see what you've done here..... Trying to provoke a reaction by posting something you truly don't believe or you're just being very sarcastic.  Bravo

If a song that is a work of genius, and history making signficance, then we must share this sublime experience. We cannot keep it to ourselves.

That would just be selfish.

23 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yes.....but how many relationships has she had????.....that is much more salient now she has come out in support of KH

Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 11.36.47.png

Don't worry, despite much talk of bisexuality and other David Bowie like perversions, actually Billie has only had 4 partners. Compared to Taylor Swift she's very restrained.

Though looking at her line up it's a sorry sight, you couldn't accuse her of promiscuity. Perversion maybe. But not promiscuity.

I have liked Eilish from her start and think most of her work is brilliant. Much of that comes from her brother who writes (co-writes) the songs and is a genius producer. Of course, he has the advantage of being able to use modern digital technology not available 60 years ago. 

Bands like the Beatles and The Beachboys invented and revolutionized how music was produced. 

10 Beatles Innovations that Changed Music - Listverse

This song's theme is taken from a very old saying and is at least the third I know of with the same "Birds of a Feather" title. Hardly original and not comparable to most of the Beatles groundbreaking work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Don't worry, despite much talk of bisexuality and other David Bowie like perversions, actually Billie has only had 4 partners. Compared to Taylor Swift she's very restrained.

Though looking at her line up it's a sorry sight, you couldn't accuse her of promiscuity. Perversion maybe. But not promiscuity.

Woooooow......you said anyone with more than two previous relationships was a slapper???

13 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Woooooow......you said anyone with more than two previous relationships was a slapper???

Well, to be fair 4 is pushing the envelope, I wouldn't go for it, but one has to be reasonable, objectively Billy is not a promiscous lass.

Which is actually remarkable given the temptations she must face day in out. However, she comes form a very loving and intact family. 

In a way she's the prototype of family values, so it's hard to explain how she turned out. Must be LA.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

Well, to be fair 4 is pushing the envelope, I wouldn't go for it, but one has to be rasonable, objectively Billy is not a promiscous lass.

Which is actually remarkable given the temptations she must face day in out. However, she comes form a very loving and intact family. 

In a way she's the prototype of family values, so it's hard to explain how she turned out. Must be LA.

Billie has spoken in interviews about preferring to keep her personal life away from the spotlight when possible.

I bet she has....slapper.

And now a...... "vote for Harris your life depends on it" fan.......not happy with her.

5 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I have liked Eilish from her start and think most of her work is brilliant. Much of that comes from her brother who writes (co-writes) the songs and is a genius producer. Of course, he has the advantage of being able to use modern digital technology not available 60 years ago. 

Bands like the Beatles and The Beachboys invented and revolutionized how music was produced. 

10 Beatles Innovations that Changed Music - Listverse

This song's theme is taken from a very old saying and is at least the third I know of with the same "Birds of a Feather" title. Hardly original and not comparable to most of the Beatles groundbreaking work.

I quite agree, Eilish is brilliant. She also has a distinctive style. Undoubtedly much is down to the input from her brother who is clearly an excellent song writer.

The innovations on that list are not really innovations in Music btw. The Beachboys were more revolutionary musically speaking. Brian Wilson was a musical genius far above Lennon or McCartney. Even  now, his Love and Mercy is breathtaking.

I must quibble with one slight aspect, if I may, though, actually whilst it's true the title Birds of a Feather was used before I think Finneas and Billy were aware of this. The whole intention of the song appears to be to accept the challenge of taking tired cliches and breathing life into them, witness also the "love you til I die" clichee which Finneas and Billy brilliantly bring to life by taking it rather more seriously than is usually the case. In that sense the song is original and the harmonies are far more ground breaking than anything the Beatles ever produced. Though to be fair in terms of harmonies the Beatles were not very good usually.

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Billie has spoken in interviews about preferring to keep her personal life away from the spotlight when possible.

I bet she has....slapper.

And now a...... "vote for Harris your life depends on it" fan.......not happy with her.

She's highly intelligent, for a woman, and clearly not adverse to experiment, she would probably be a very entertaining bed mate, though I would respectfully disagree she is promiscous. I trust Elle on this.

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a60864169/billie-eilish-dating-history-explained/