Returning to Thailand from Mexico and bringing my mid sized dog

I am returning to Thailand  with my dog, my vet here knows about most Intl. requirements as most visitors here are from Canada. But, in addition to that, is there any other "special" things/docs that I need when returning?

Thanks

It's pretty straightforward. Assuming they are too big to go in the cabin, make sure they are booked in the cargo hold as excess baggage NOT cargo. (Bringing them in as a cargo shipment is a lot more complicated and expensive.) 

You'll need:

Microchip record (must have been done at the same time or before the rabies vax).

Their vaccination record, with the latest jabs being at least 3 weeks and no more than a year old. (The vax needed are Rabies, Distemper, Parvovirus, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis). You don't need a titer test. 

A basic health certificate (no special format) from your vet confirming they are healthy and fit to fly. It should include the animal's name, species, age, sex (and whether neutered or not), breed, color, birthmarks, weight, microchip number, and date of birth. As well as your name and passport number. This will need to be in English. The vet needs to sign, stamp and date it. The exporting country normally determines how long the health certificate is valid for. If Mexico has no regulations on it, get it within 10 days of your arrival. 

You used to have to email all the documents through and get the import permit in advance, but they issue it on arrival now. But if you have to get an export certificate from Mexico (some countries do, some don't) AND you need the import permit, you can still request it in advance. They used to be pretty responsive to emails [email protected] but it seems a bit more hit-and-miss these days, so you might have to call if you need to contact them 02 1343640

When you arrive, you pick your dog up from the animal quarantine station by baggage claim #8. They will check the microchip and your paperwork and do the import permit. You have to pay the import fee there (I think it was 510 THB, cash only). Then you go through 'something to declare' and they will charge you custom's duty. I paid about 1,000 THB for my neutered mutt, but I've heard of people getting stung for a lot more for unneutered pedigree dogs. Keep all your receipts. If you take them out of Thailand again, you don't have to pay again to reimport them. 

If there is a possibility of you wanting to take the dog to the USA in the next few years, look into going there now and getting a 3-year rabies booster from a USDA-accredited vet before you travel. It's very difficult to take a dog to the USA with a local vaccination record.