Linear actuators? Quality criteria? Where to buy?

OneMoreFarang

I think about building a TV stand with linear actuators.

The idea is that the TV is near the floor when it is not used and is pushed about 80cm up vertically if I want to watch it.

I would build such a stand with aluminium profiles 3030 or similar.

The TV weights 20kg. 

According to AI two actuators with each 200N should do the job.

I looked in Lazada and they have i.e. this model. This is up to 450mm long, maybe that is good enough for me and I can use two on each side.

JS-TGZ-U1 Linear Actuator Electric DC Motor 30mm/s 300N 12VDC IP45 Actuator | Lazada.co.th

Cost for the 450mm version is 1,173THB.

I am familiar with electronics, Arduino, etc. I am sure I will be able to wire them up and remote control them. 

Did anybody here use those things before?

What are the quality criteria?

If I want to use these in average not even 10 times per day, is this "Made in China" good enough?

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

I have the exacts ones... only 300mm stroke used to tilt the subwoofer box  (approx 130kg) in one of my cars to access the amp rack underneath.

They work great... but rarely do I need to cycle them. 

How do you plan to get 800mm movement from a 450mm stroke ?

If you're near Bangkok, there are shops around Khlong Thom market in Chinatown that specialize in linear actuation (motion).  I'd head over there to see the goodies live in person, even if I planned to order the parts online.  I've occasionally ordered mechanical stuff that was either way bigger or way smaller than it looked in the photos.

The corner I marked has one such shop, but there are others scattered in the area, and in the bowels of the Khlong Thom market.

linear.jpg.efce2b717cc5859de114cb25c7dc3cee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

If you're near Bangkok, there are shops around Khlong Thom market in Chinatown that specialize in linear actuation (motion).  I'd head over there to see the goodies live in person, even if I planned to order the parts online.  I've occasionally ordered mechanical stuff that was either way bigger or way smaller than it looked in the photos.

The corner I marked has one such shop, but there are others scattered in the area, and in the bowels of the Khlong Thom market.

linear.jpg.efce2b717cc5859de114cb25c7dc3cee.jpg

Thanks. There is always one street in Chinatown with whatever we are looking for. We only need to know which street..

I will certainly go there to have a look.

I agree, it's always better to see things like that in real life.