Is Thailand Value for money

Celsius

Just now, NowNow said:

Everyone, but anyone who is actually here. Just mythical people who believe that cheeseburgers and battered prawns are health foods 😊

Texas BBQ without the BBQ sauce 😊

Shrimp Scampi isn't always battered. Guess you missed that one. Did I say they were health foods? I said they can be healthy. What do you consider health foods, as I've been involved in this all these years, and probably been in more health food stores than you'll ever enter? I keep showing you how the foods I've described can be healthy, and you still don't get it.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, NowNow said:

So not healthy then....

Depends, as always, who's cooking & how.   If a nice rub on the ribs (my preference, no sauce) then quite healthy.   If smothered in sugary bbq sauce, then not so healthy.

Same with scampi, 'sea' shrimp, quality butter & cheese, maybe even a whole wheat pasta, if topping on, or over a cauliflower rice, or, not starch at all, then fairly healthy.

Healthy options abound for most of our favorites.  Along with common sense moderation.

Who batters prawns for scampi.  Best way to eat prawns/shrimp, is cold cocktail, as can actually taste the shrimp.

Easy to make, prepare healthy food. unhealthy, along with lessening the effect of unhealthy food.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 1

On 10/1/2024 at 8:08 PM, Jeff the Chef said:

Can beat that, 120 an hour, always have 2 hours, blindman masseuse, never had better anywhere.

That’s quite expensive.

100 Baht/hour at my neighbors‘ place who also happens to work as a masseuse 

Edited by JoergADA

Just now, NowNow said:

Who thinks you are right? Certainly no one here. Just imaginary people 😊

You missed another thing I said. I trained many people, and given them diet advice, and those that stuck with it made improvements, stopped a few diseases from taking over, became stronger, and are still around, as I talk to many of them to this day. You thinking I'm lying is another form of narcissism, as they can't believe when others tell the truth, as their thinking is all that matters. You're on a sinking ship, and if you actually knew me, you would have never replied to anything I've written.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

This is exactly what I mean when I say you know nothing about anyone unless you spend a lot of time with them, as in earlier posts. You think you're in better shape than a person who's lifted heavy weights for 50 years and eaten lean. I really don't like to brag, letting what I've done show what I know. From age 17 to 62, I had 3-6% body fat, was usually the all around natural strongest in any gym I went to, besides the Venice beach one, where pros trained. I don't know if they did steroids, but I didn't.I  haven't lifted as much for the last 2 years because the gym here is not open until 2PM, and a drive to get to, but I always stay close to my shape until I return when I move back home. 50 years keeps you close to form, as you might know if you ever trained that long. I'm 68, and still stronger than most 30 year olds, as I se them whenever I train.

Yes, I know that I'm in better shape 😊

I did the muscle mass thing and now I train differently. There is no way you could compete with the way I train unless you are a power lifter. None of the gym bunnies could even squat properly. Full depth squats, sit with posterior almost touching the floor for 20 to 30 seconds and then back up again. Repeat.

Most will do chair depth. Just for show. Full length chin ups, no cheating.

Just now, KhunLA said:

Depends, as always, who's cooking & how.   If a nice rub on the ribs (my preference, no sauce) then quite healthy.   If smothered in sugary bbq sauce, then not so healthy.

Same with scampi, 'sea' shrimp, quality butter & cheese, maybe even a whole wheat pasta, if topping on, or over a cauliflower rice, or, not starch at all, then fairly healthy.

Healthy options abound for most of our favorites.  Along with common sense moderation.

Who batters prawns for scampi.  Best way to eat prawns/shrimp, is cold cocktail, as can actually taste the shrimp.

Easy to make, prepare healthy food. unhealthy, along with lessening the effect of unhealthy food.

Like I said, he's a troll that just likes to argue, even after being proven wrong. This comes from a low self esteem, narcissism, or both, as they go together since childhood.

• Sad 1

Just now, fredwiggy said:

You missed another thing I said. I trained many people, and given them diet advice, and those that stuck with it made improvements, stopped a few diseases from taking over, became stronger, and are still around, as I talk to many of them to this day. You thinking I'm lying is another form of narcissism, as they can't believe when others tell the truth, as their thinking is all that matters. You're on a sinking ship, and if you actually knew me, you would have never replied to anything I've written.

No @fredwiggy I am younger, fitter and more flexible.

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Of course it depends, but this is what he actually wrote: 

On 10/4/2024 at 11:52 PM, fredwiggy said:

Food isn't bad for us unless we east junk food, especially all the time. There is a lot of delicious healthy and somewhat healthy food out there, as it's all I've ever eaten besides the occasional junk food. Try Texas BBQ, New York style pizza, Shrimp Scampi, Lasagne (homemade), Australian, Texas, or a myriad of other cheeseburgers, Broiled Swordfish, and a host of others who might have some extra calories but are still healthy food.

There is no mention of making anything at home other than lasagne. He been moving the goalposts ever since 😊

Just now, NowNow said:

Yes, I know that I'm in better shape 😊

I did the muscle mass thing and now I train differently. There is no way you could compete with the way I train unless you are a power lifter. None of the gym bunnies could even squat properly. Full depth squats, sit with posterior almost touching the floor for 20 to 30 seconds and then back up again. Repeat.

Most will do chair depth. Just for show. Full length chin ups, no cheating.

I'm 68 now, and don't lift what i did since age 62 because it isn't possible, or beneficial. I squatted 530 for reps, benched 365, deadlifted 650, pressed 225 for reps, so this alone makes more than 99% of people not there. Of course I can't do that now, but like everyone else, I did it before, and not that long ago. I squatted 225 for 35 reps, 315 for 15, and leg pressed 1100 lbs, If you could match those lifts, you're also in that fraction of 1 % category. My joints are the only thing I have a problem with, and it's because I lifted too heavy, full down, for too long. Now I train just to stay healthy, but still stronger than ,most I see in the gym I go to here.

Just now, NowNow said:

No @fredwiggy I am younger, fitter and more flexible.

You might be younger ... 1 out of 3 isn't bad, for some :cheesy:

On topic ... better ingredients = healthy eating.  May be more expensive at first, but avoiding the processed and unhealthier ingredients, will help you avoid the need for all the cardiac & diabetes meds ... :coffee1:

Which of course in TH, is cheaper and a value, if not living in a country with 'true' universal healthcare.

• Agree 1

Just now, NowNow said:

There is no mention of making anything at home other than lasagne. He been moving the goalposts ever since 😊

You must have dementia, because you forget things i wrote the same day. I already mentioned making all these things at home all along. Guess you're the skimming champ of AN.

11 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Shrimp Scampi isn't always battered. Guess you missed that one. Did I say they were health foods? I said they can be healthy. What do you consider health foods, as I've been involved in this all these years, and probably been in more health food stores than you'll ever enter? I keep showing you how the foods I've described can be healthy, and you still don't get it.

On 10/4/2024 at 11:52 PM, fredwiggy said:

Food isn't bad for us unless we east junk food, especially all the time. There is a lot of delicious healthy and somewhat healthy food out there, as it's all I've ever eaten besides the occasional junk food. Try Texas BBQ, New York style pizza, Shrimp Scampi, Lasagne (homemade), Australian, Texas, or a myriad of other cheeseburgers, Broiled Swordfish, and a host of others who might have some extra calories but are still healthy food.

Is what you actually wrote.

You spend so much time telling us how great you are 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm 68 now, and don't lift what i did since age 62 because it isn't possible, or beneficial. I squatted 530 for reps, benched 365, deadlifted 650, pressed 225 for reps, so this alone makes more than 99% of people not there. Of course I can't do that now, but like everyone else, I did it before, and not that long ago. I squatted 225 for 35 reps, 315 for 15, and leg pressed 1100 lbs, If you could match those lifts, you're also in that fraction of 1 % category. My joints are the only thing I have a problem with, and it's because I lifted too heavy, full down, for too long. Now I train just to stay healthy, but still stronger than ,most I see in the gym I go to here.

I knew you would soon start posting numbers. 😊 You just cannot resist talking about yourself. Quality, not quantity. I would run rings around you.

Just now, NowNow said:

Is what you actually wrote.

You spend so much time telling us how great you are 

Actually you said you were in better shape. I just disputed that, because i know how most people are. Doesn't mean all are that way of course, so I don't assume. I didn't say I'm great. All this is about is you asking me to tell you how those foods are healthy. I showed how. You don't comprehend.

Just now, NowNow said:

I knew you would soon start posting numbers. 😊 You just cannot resist talking about yourself. Quality, not quantity. I would run rings around you.

Keep telling that to yourself. You seem to not realize you're doing the same things, before I am  lol

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You must have dementia, because you forget things i wrote the same day. I already mentioned making all these things at home all along. Guess you're the skimming champ of AN.

You've certainly been moving the goalposts for 24 hours 😊

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually you said you were in better shape. I just disputed that, because i know how most people are. Doesn't mean all are that way of course, so I don't assume. I didn't say I'm great. All this is about is you asking me to tell you how those foods are healthy. I showed how. You don't comprehend.

I am in better shape.

3 minutes ago, NowNow said:

There's also no mention, that all or any of those, are not eaten at home.   Seems you read that into the reply.

I could list all those, and as I stated, 90%, at least, of our dining is done in house, home cooked.  Rarely do we eat out, so any of those would be prepared in a healthier version ... usually.

I think the most unhealthiest thing I eat in house, is tater tots, since off most flour/grains now.  Even deep fried, but eat them so infrequent, along with a good serving of protein, doubt very much if it spikes my sugar/insulin much.   Along with a nice stroll afterwards.

Just now, NowNow said:

I wrote about quality, not quantity 😊

You are showing the narcissist with every reply.I'm baiting you and you aren't seeing this. Back to the facts. You asked me to show how those foods are healthy. I did this, others agreed. You don't know as much as you think you do. Thailand has value if you make things at home.,If you go out to eat, you can get those foods healthy in some places, IF you ask them how  they prepare it. Facts, not your fiction.

Just now, KhunLA said:

There's also no mention, that all or any of those, are not eaten at home.   Seems you read that into the reply.

I could list all those, and as I stated, 90%, at least, of our dining is done in house, home cooked.  Rarely do we eat out, so any of those would be prepared in a healthier version ... usually.

I think the most unhealthiest thing I eat in house, is tater tots, since off most flour/grains now.  Even deep fried, but eat them so infrequent, along with a good serving of protein, doubt very much if it spikes my sugar/insulin much.   Along with a nice stroll afterwards.

Then why put homemade next to lasagne alone? Was he expecting @thaibeachlovers to make Texas BBQ etc at home? A man who told him that he doesn't care about food?

Just now, KhunLA said:

If God himself came into this conversation, he would say the same things. he's a troll, and he's proving it as I bait him in.We offer proof, he says nonsense.

You are showing the narcissist with every reply.I'm baiting you and you aren't seeing this. Back to the facts. You asked me to show how those foods are healthy. I did this, others agreed. You don't know as much as you think you do. Thailand has value if you make things at home.,If you go out to eat, you can get those foods healthy in some places, IF you ask them how  they prepare it. Facts, not your fiction.

You aren't baiting anyone. The yolk is on you 😊

No one has agreed with you. No one. Show even one person who agreed with you?

If God himself came into this conversation, he would say the same things. he's a troll, and he's proving it as I bait him in.We offer proof, he says nonsense.

We? It's just you. Now you are speaking for whom?? A true narcissist.

Just now, NowNow said:

We? It's just you. Now you are speaking for whom?? A true narcissist.

Well, since replying to me ....

... does prove his opinion about you doing a bit of trolling :coffee1:

Just now, NowNow said:

You aren't baiting anyone. The yolk is on you 😊

No one has agreed with you. No one. Show even one person who agreed with you?

Are you actually reading and comprehending what I and others have been writing? Guess not, because two have. This is what you said earlier............

"No. The cheese they put on NY style pizza is not healthy. Can you point to anything that states that it is?

You're whole assertion is quite ridiculous.

Who make cheeseburgers with lean beef? More nonsense 😊 Good bun? Now you really are being silly. You should stop.

Healthy means just that. Beneficial..................."    Since then, I have shown they are healthy choices, if you make them the right way. Common sense seems to elude you. Mozzarella cheese isn't un healthy. You can use any beef you want to make burgers, and all beef is, by itself, healthy. Buns can be healthy if you, again, choose those that are. You still keep replying, after I have shown how they can be a healthy choice. The fact you are missing this shows you are just acting your normal way, being a troll that just likes to argue, even when proven wrong. You're getting very childish with this and showing everyone involved in this topic your true intentions. You have not proven me wrong, yet feel the need to go on and on, now saying you're in better shape than someone you've never met. Think for a second, for once.