Pocket Money Upon Arrival

I have a friend flying from Saudi to Thailand for the first time. His wife from the US is arriving on a different flight. How much money will she need to show at Immigration? I've flown in over 50 times and never been asked.

Nor indeed have I, and I way exceed your arrivals in Thailand. A couple of decent credit cards will carry the day if she is asked.

I have a friend flying from Saudi to Thailand for the first time. His wife from the US is arriving on a different flight. How much money will she need to show at Immigration? I've flown in over 50 times and never been asked.

Nor indeed have I, and I way exceed your arrivals in Thailand. A couple of decent credit cards will carry the day if she is asked.

I imagine these sort of rules are created to hassle dodgy farangs who don't look like they'll be bringing much benefit to the country. I'd be willing to bet these sort of hurdles are never given to someone like a well dressed female.

I did notice when i was travelling from mee sai they said you needed like 20k baht.

The rules may be interprete quite stringent, especially when you get a "visa on arrival". I have heard of various occasions where genuine Taiwanese business men were not allowed into the country because they could not produce 20,000 Baht in cash. The credit cards did not help at all. In one case they were allowed to wait while a collegue from their local office was able to bring the cash to the airport !