Spotify Thai premium account no longer valid overseas

About 9 months ago I signed my wife and myself to Spotify Premium in Thailand using my Thai address and SCB card.  We travel a lot but spend more time in Thailand than anywhere else.

Arrived in UK 6 days ago to visit family and yesterday received an email from Spotify saying that 'we think your account is registered in the wrong country. Please change your payment card to one registered in the country where you are streaming'. Obviously they want me to pay UK prices and not Thai prices. I contacted their 'support' and got nowhere. Basically unless I change payment to a UK card they will cancel my Premium account in 7 days. 

This seems counter to their marketing which says customers can use Premium accounts overseas indefinitely. When I pointed this out, the CS assistant immediately closed the chat.

Anyway, I'll let them close my Premium account and listen to Spotify using a free app called 'Xmanager'.  Very difficult to have sympathy for these streaming companies when they complain about 'piracy'.