Worst Pizza In Pattaya And Petty Thiefs...

Rainmon

tropo: aside from bell pepper veggies are dirt cheap. i just bought my salad stuff today - 1b for 1 tomato, 5b for med onion, 4b for 2 carrots - so im not buying that although the imported mushrooms are scandalous expensive (there are many alternatives). im even ok w/ the reheating if the pizza isnt really old - it is b45.

As often seems to be the case, your replies don't make a lot of sense.

Good pizzas don't need carrots, onions and tomatoes, they require imported sauces (tomato) and mozzarella cheese as the main ingredients, and other imported products for toppings. Imported ingredients are expensive and in an all-you-can-eat 99 baht deal a person could easily eat more than the value of the ingredients if quality ingredients were used.

You shouldn't expect anything other than cardboard-like pizza for that price.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the OP,

The pizza at slices is OK for a New york slice pizza, it is not dripping with mozzarella, but neither is any pizza I had in NYC. They use local and imported ingredients, the owner is trying to get his head around some of the variations that he has encountered since leaving the safety of NYC. So he is offereing a wider range of toppings. Could also be the relative cost of chicken and seafood against beef and tomatos too.

I have sat there and consumed 6 or more slices for my 99B plus a soda water. I usually eat my way through the menu when I am hungry. Poor bloke thinks all soft drinks are soda, his Thai staff had to explain it to him.

Many of the franchise pizza use a combination of mozzarella and cheddar for cost and local taste. They also offer a range of sauces and bases that have moved away from the original. These would not continue if they were not a commercial success, but talk to the food nazis and you will be told they should not be called pizza.

Actually when they just opened Slices pizza was yummy and big slices - they cut one 16" pizza into 6 slices (like they do in Carrefour) and toppings were generous. Recently they've started cutting it into 8 slices and toppings are gone... and so am I!

Dao Cafe off Soi Nern Plub Waan is good for Pizza's. Went there yesterday and had thier pizza for the first time. Chicken and salami home made pizza. Thin base and 140 baht for a (I guess) 12" pizza.

There must have been 20 people in there yesterday lunch time. Not bad business for an off the beaten track location?

well - ive been in and out of thailand for 15 years and hardly bored of thai food, but we all have our own tastes and budgets. when i go home i crave the stuff and 1x a week cook thai food. my parents are sympathetic and we eat rice lots. my mom loves the way i cook rice.

man, there is so many different and varied foods. boring?

cahng prap: ok its all well and good but why dont they have a veggie pizza. i was shocked. how boring - a one condiment meat pizza! how bout onion, bell pepper ($$) and mushroom? total cost for toppings about 50 baht per pizza.

NOTE: in fairness to slices, on the bottom of the sign which overhangs the entrance it says ONE DRINK MINIMUM. but i think the fact that no one has mentioned shows that its placement is at best honest but poor, worst - yes, a bit of a scam as its nowhere under any 99b advert i saw.

well - ive been in and out of thailand for 15 years and hardly bored of thai food

Sorry, but I spent many years in San Francisco where there are many, many great ethnic restaurants of every variety. I am used to having food from different parts of the world 3 times a day and trying to stick to just one cuisine most of the time is just boring. :o

well - ive been in and out of thailand for 15 years and hardly bored of thai food

Sorry, but I spent many years in San Francisco where there are many, many great ethnic restaurants of every variety. I am used to having food from different parts of the world 3 times a day and trying to stick to just one cuisine most of the time is just boring. :o

Exactly, U.

Variety is the spice of life and Thai food ain't the only food with spice.

Of course, its cheaper to go 100 percent Thai, but so what?

well - ive been in and out of thailand for 15 years and hardly bored of thai food, but we all have our own tastes and budgets. when i go home i crave the stuff and 1x a week cook thai food. my parents are sympathetic and we eat rice lots. my mom loves the way i cook rice.

Me too, I LOVE pizza, but who, who tries can bored of Thai food? The best way to starve a Thai is to feed them non-Thai food. Don't be the same.

Me too, I LOVE pizza, but who, who tries can bored of Thai food? The best way to starve a Thai is to feed them non-Thai food. Don't be the same.

One of the reasons I love Pattaya is that it is so easy (and affordable) to eat non-Thai food. Once a week or so I treat myself to a Thai dish.

It's great living in Pattaya. It's about as non-Thai/Asian as you can get without leaving Asia. :o

Edited by tropo

One of the reasons I love Pattaya is that it is so easy (and affordable) to eat non-Thai food. Once a week or so I treat myself to a Thai dish.

It's great living in Pattaya. It's about as non-Thai/Asian as you can get without leaving Asia. :D

Ok how often do eat Thai food as opposed to enjoying the local fare. :o

It's great living in Pattaya. It's about as non-Thai/Asian as you can get without leaving Asia. :D

Ok how often do eat Thai food as opposed to enjoying the local fare. :o

I don't eat much Thai food or enjoy the local fare because my girl is from the Philippines. She's developed an allergy to spicy food which also keeps me away from Thai food.

• 3 weeks later...
Slices has 2 locations. The first one behind mikes mall is much better. The newer one on second rd is like the thread started described.

AFAIK; they get the Pizzas from the original Place at Soi Diana; so there should be not difference. But maybe the oven they use to heat the Pizzas up is better?

Or it's just a plazebo effect?

• 1 year later...

Slices still advertises on Sophon, the all you can eat for 99 baht. They stopped selling the offer over a year ago. Bait and switch! What can you expect from a place that has horrible crap pizza? Just go get some cardboard and put ketchup on it for a better pizza.

It occurred to me that the title of this thread is very funny, what does bad pizza have to do with petty crime?

This could be a new trend.

How about

Good hamburgers And Lip Gloss

Fish, Chips, and Sympathy

Noodle Soup and Venereal Disease

Songkran and the view from my Condo

That one is actually logical as that is the closest I get to Songkran, watching the madness from my condo.

Anyway, this may be worthy of a new thread in the pub area.

Edited by Jingthing

if youre paying more for a draft in patters than 55 for hene, youre getting ripped.

I pay 90 baht in Caddy Shack for draught Chang - very large glass, can swim in it.

Elsewhere, anything from 45 baht upwards for a smaller glass (iced glass in TQ).

Not being ripped-off anywhere. I choose to have a nice cold draught beer, I select the surroundings and sit back and enjoy. Everyone has to scratch a living, I pay not just for the beer but for the pleasure of being in a place I like, relaxing as I like.

If I don't like the atmosphere, I will not order.

The other part (Pizza).

This is basically a southern Italian meal, and bought around the Naples / Sorrento / Amalfi area is delicious.

Roman tourist trattorii make some lousy ones.

American-Italians make an American dish they call Pizza.

But this is like curry in England. It has been adapted and developed to suit the local taste. (Balti Indian food for instance started in Brum). Although sometimes very good in taste and content, it ain't the original.

Sometimes it's better than the original, because new ingredients can be added that are local to the new outlet.

In Thailand the major market for food is Thai, naturally. Most Thais are unaccustomed to cheese, thus there are alternative ingredients used in place of cheese in many dishes. A sort of mayonnaise springs to mind in several food outlets. This changes the taste of Pizza as much as the American pizza differs from the original.

If you want genuine New York Pizza, or genuine New York pastrami / corned beef / bagels / what-have-you, please go to New York, not to Amalfi, Tel Aviv, Warsaw or Pattaya.

In Pattaya eat local food, and enjoy - not gripe.

Italian Pizza is to boring.

American pizza wins hands down every day.

Same as the Uk Curry.

Americans could not make pizza if the tried, All the big american pizza chains like pizza hut have tried in Australia and gone bust put out of business by the small family business. Yep they make the worst pizza ever maybe only yanks like it but they would eat turd if they were told it was laid in America.

Americans could not make pizza if the tried, All the big american pizza chains like pizza hut have tried in Australia and gone bust put out of business by the small family business. Yep they make the worst pizza ever maybe only yanks like it but they would eat turd if they were told it was laid in America.

You are confusing chain food with real food. Pathetic.

I agree with marsteele 100% the yanks do make crap pizza. I can see he is responding to the posts where people are saying that pizza hut, pizza (American chain) is the best pizza and he is right it is the worst pizza you could buy. The frozen pizza in a supermarket beats pizza hut hands down and I don't eat that crap either. Yep the small family businesses make the best pizza plenty of topping. American pizza get a piece of cardbord and wipe on some tomato sauce and there you have it. Yes the American pizza chains did go broke in Australia and were put out of business because no one would it the shit.

Imagine if they ate a real New York pizza, or maybe a Zachary's stuffed pizza. A bunch of trolls without a clue!