3 Things that will make your relationship successful in Thailand

Celsius

On 10/8/2024 at 2:39 PM, NowNow said:

Why would you give your girlfriend money? Is she a prostitute or your daughter? That's just weird.

Actually, this is what you wrote... I just gave away 10,000 baht to people who have lost wages due to the floods and lack of work.. no particular connection other than I have known them a long time and know they are hurting for money at the moment... this must be really weird for you - I have other neighbors who help people affected by the floods too... 

At various points in my life, people have helped me out too... usually with information and mentoring but occasionally with money too when I was young and in need. I will never forget their kindness. I am sure others appreciate the gifts I have given today and in the past. 

• Love It 1

Would go along with some of that, but ain't clear cut. The age thing for instance; women (here especially) don't tend to look at a guy the way we look at a woman as a thing of beauty. Money and tarts aside, as long as you're clean, decent, fairly trim and polite, the age thing is secondary. But, personally, 20y younger than me is about my limit. That is a generation. Aside from being a bit daughter weird, what would you talk about...

Probably best they have a job first, yes, preferably own business. Give me a smart, independent woman any day. They know what they want. I know a few standup middle-aged businesswomen that I know would be fine. And, at that point, the kids thing does not matter.

Again, though, these kinds of topics typically hail from regions where tourism is a thing and the girls they are rubbing shoulders with might be there for a reason. Nowt wrong with that of course. But if you want to at least meet a 'genuine' gal unconnected to any of that, you gotta get out and about, garner some good Thai friends and at least speak some of the lingo. Even then, it could all go pear shaped  (we're dealing with the fickle fairer sex here) which is where the vetting comes in...

Brit's response is pretty much on point. ALWAYS wear the trousers (the guys that let their woman control the purse? 🙄), have and continue to engage in your own pursuits, don't follow them around like a F puppy dog, or even be agreeable beyond the obvious. The silverback does not concern himself with the musings and trivialities of the woman gorilla! 😀