How do you feel about this?

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, there are, so  guess that you're not here.

Yes I know already there are, as already posted by other and acknowledged by me, so I guess you didn't bother reading because you were too eager to start an argument

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CallumWK said:

Of course they do it to everyone, so you think it normal they don't trust their customers?

Yes, they don't trust their customers and with good reason:  some are shoplifters.  The profit margin at stores like Makro is very thin, certainly under 5%  and possible as low as 1 or 2%.  Stolen items can erase all profit.  If a store gets the reputation of being "easy" to steal from,  shoplifters will flock there.

Checking receipts is a relatively easy way to dIscourage  thieves.  It doesn't bother me at all.

Edited by Evil Penevil

Its not being treated as a theif...

... its being treated the same as everyone else.

Some shops (such as Makro) have this policy... its more a legacy of past policies continuing on more than anything else. 

HomePro also do the same thing... 

Its not big deal...    It takes the 'security staff' a couple of extra seconds to check your receipt...  Is it such a big deal ????

I suspect the sort of person who takes umberance with this, is going to get upset at  lot of things which don't tie in with the way things are done in their home ares...   sensitive souls... 

Isn't it easier to just go with the flow here ?..... its just the way its done, no biggie.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Sad 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

There are self check-outs in Thailand....  I've used them (Tops in Bangkok for example).

Another one who couldn't be bother to read that I acknowledged it twice already, as he was too eager to argue

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It takes the 'security staff' a couple of extra seconds to check your receipt...  Is it such a big deal ????

Yes it is. It impugns my honour and suggests I would steal from a store where I just left money to contribute to their profit. They just stole from ME and they check my receipt?

It's outrageous.

1 minute ago, CallumWK said:
4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are self check-outs in Thailand....  I've used them (Tops in Bangkok for example).

Another one who couldn't be bother to read that I acknowledged it twice already, as he was too eager to argue

I think its becoming a pattern.... I seem to drift over the whinging tosh in the same manner I filter out complaining old farts if I'm in a bar... almost as if they don't exist....

And... learn the difference between a 'correction' and an 'argument'....   I corrected you, I didnt argue with you.

No... If you want an argument...  I'll ask, why do you think you are being targeted as if you are a thief ? do you have history of thieving elsewhere and are thus sensitive ?... no ?... do you look like a thief ?...  do you dress like a bum ?...   do you hang out in area's where there are lots of thieves ?

Are you a sensitive little flower who gets upset easily ???....    Awww.... 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

6 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Oh dear Callum, so you mean it regards all other shops except Tops, as that made you look bad, right? Or what are you going to use as an excuse this time?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

And... learn the difference between a 'correction' and an 'argument'....   I corrected you, I didnt argue with you.

I didn't need a correction from a know it all, as I corrected myself just 2 posts under the one you quoted.

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No... If you want an argument...  I'll ask, why do you think you are being targeted as if you are a thief ? do you have history of thieving elsewhere and are thus sensitive ?... no ?... do you look like a thief ?...  do you dress like a bum ?...   do you hang out in area's where there are lots of thieves ?

Again, I have already acknowledged several times, and that should be clear from the OP as well, that I don't consider I am singled out and that it happens to every customer.

And thanks for the ASSumptions, On my ignore list you go

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Yes, they don't trust their customers and with good reason:  some are shoplifters.  The profit margin at stores like Makro is very thin, certainly under 5%  and possible as low as 1 or 2%.  Stolen items can erase all profit.  If a store gets the reputation of being "easy" to steal from,  shoplifters will flock there.

Checking receipts is a relatively easy way to dIscourage  thieves.  It doesn't bother me at all.

I think some people are over sensitive souls and look for offence when a simple... 'sure, go ahead take a look'.....  is the normal response. 

AND... as far as Makro is concerned - If I'm not mistaken, this is something they used to do in Makro in the UK back in the 80's...  (check the receipt), so it could simply be a legacy of their global policy.

BUT... at some of you easily butt-hurt guys..... don't let any of that get in the way of feeling outraged....   But, save some of that outrage for an LGBQT issue thats sure to crop up later on... don't use all your energy on something so inert as this....   

• Sad 1

Just now, CallumWK said:

On my ignore list you go

Oh no, please don’t do that, dear drama queen! I simply can’t fathom how I’ll survive the heart-wrenching loss of not conversing with a complete halfwit I’ve never met and truly couldn’t care less about! I’ll be utterly devastated and inconsolable over this monumental tragedy.

And please accept my most sincere apologies for any distress I may have caused to your delicate sensibilities with my comments, which you might have taken as insensitive, disingenuous, or, heaven forbid, factually correct!...

1 minute ago, CallumWK said:
4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

But, save some of that outrage for an LGBQT issue thats sure to crop up later on

Don't bring your wife into the topic

Like it... good effort at a retort....  but try harder... !!! 

Every concern deserves attention, and I'm committed to advocating for equality across the board... so stand firm.... (no pun intended)... but do try not to be so sensitive, you'll kill off your own online-ego before it has a chance to receive the forum-rogering you so desperately appear to be seeking...    

3 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Are you also annoyed by it?

No not at all, personally have never had weak minded issues unlike some with a locked exasperated look on their faces. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I started a topic with a question mark at the end of the topic title.

For those that may have missed it,  I also added the last line in the OP, So what is your feeling about this. Are you also annoyed by it?

Nowhere in the topic did I write, please share your opinion and include some insults to the OP.

Several of you couldn't resist adding insults, and false accusations, with which you only show your own miserable attitude in life

3 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

I started a topic with a question mark at the end of the topic title.

For those that may have missed it,  I also added the last line in the OP, So what is your feeling about this. Are you also annoyed by it?

Nowhere in the topic did I write, please share your opinion and include some insults to the OP.

Several of you couldn't resist adding insults, and false accusations, with which you only show your own miserable attitude in life

Daymmmnnnn.....      someone really is thin skinned...    over sensitive much ??

You ask a question on a forum and only want the answers you want....     I'm not sure you gave the idea of forums and how online interaction really works....

... You don't get to to choose the replies you get... 

For example... If someone else were to ask... "How do you feel about this?"

... I pay at 7-11 with cash and they count it before putting it in the till, is anyone else annoyed by this ???

... and some of the responses are...  "don't be an pathetic over-sensitive brainless princess"...  is that an unfair response when someone is clearly being a pathetic over-sensitive brainless princess ?

...  just asking...     'cos I don't want to take the thread off topic but I have a question about purchasing erectile dysfunction medication, but am not sure if some of the responses will be too firm....  and whether its acceptable to ask a question on an open forum, in the pub-section and expect full on loving perfect responses that I'd perfectly agree with...  

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Daymmmnnnn.....      someone really is thin skinned...    over sensitive much ??

You ask a question on a forum and only want the answers you want....

No I don't that is just you who want to argue.

Did I ask for personal insults, or don't you think this was one?

unlike some with a locked exasperated look on their faces

3 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Doesn't bother me.

Me neither, in fact as I usually do large shopping at Makro, I find it interesting to watch them go through the ticket at then your trolley, in a 10-15 second time frame. I guess you could call it a skill…

3 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

No I don't that is just you who want to argue.

Did I ask for personal insults, or don't you think this was one?

unlike some with a locked exasperated look on their faces

Oh... honest question...

If you go to a mirror now....     Is the face looking back at you showing signs of any exasperation ? how about movement ????

Does that face look the same when your growacet wears off after being asked to show your receipt for the makro manpon pack you just purchased ??? :whistling:

• Sad 1