Apple Ipad swipe gesture ...go back

Kenny202

New to Ipad and cant for the life of me find a back button or back gesture to go back a step or previous screen. Used to Android where they either have a back button or swipe left. I know the home button clears everything and takes you back to home page but how can I swipe in an app to just go back one step? Any help appreciated

28 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

New to Ipad and cant for the life of me find a back button or back gesture to go back a step or previous screen. Used to Android where they either have a back button or swipe left. I know the home button clears everything and takes you back to home page but how can I swipe in an app to just go back one step? Any help appreciated

It depends on the app you are using. If it in safari then the back button is at the top left, the second one. The first opens the left side bar. 
If you have a home button then it will take you to your Home Screen, it doesn’t clear everything, at least not on my iPad and very few iPads have a home button 

It maybe that you have an older iPad or are running an older version of iOS it will be useful to confirm the iPad and iOS version you are using 

current iOS version, the back button is under the day, the forward button is grayed out as this page is the last.

IMG_1621.jpeg.2287f116d58e8661bb7e86ebc5e2d412.jpegion 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It depends on the app you are using. If it in safari then the back button is at the top left, the second one. The first opens the left side bar. 
If you have a home button then it will take you to your Home Screen, it doesn’t clear everything, at least not on my iPad

It maybe that you have an older iPad or are running an older version of iOS it will be useful to confirm the iPad and iOS version you are using 

current iOS version, the back button is under the day, the forward button is grayed out as this page is the last.

IMG_1621.jpeg.2287f116d58e8661bb7e86ebc5e2d412.jpegion 

Latest version OS 18.01. Just googling it seems there are no gestures for universal back button. Just whatever the app provides which is a big stretch to the top left of the screen. Probably ok if you are holding it with 2 hands

One other thing, I notice when downloading apps for the app store, whether free or not it comes up "processing payment". Is there actually a warning if you are really going to be charged for an app?